Technical *PETITION* Stilo 1.6 Angel Tuning 12 BHP Gains!

Currently reading:
Technical *PETITION* Stilo 1.6 Angel Tuning 12 BHP Gains!

Re: Yeah...............................

latest update from them:

"Hi There

To do this we would charge £449 and this would need to go our engine remap
centre in London on Tottenham court road

I hope that this is OK for you

Cheers"

Mmm...........................

that's pretty much the same sort of money that Alfanige was talking about, a lot me thinks for 10bhp!

Surely with all the correct electronic equipment that FIAT have in their garages they should be able to offer this type of service, think of the money they'd make, particularly if they extended the warranty to cover such changes as long as it was done by them?

Re: Mmm...........................

i know, id defenitely would of had it as an extra option. i agree though £449 for 10 extra bhp is over the top. thats (1,2,3,4...) more or less £45.00 for 1 bhp!!

£449 is horrific for 10bhp, which is what we would have had to charge had we invested in the kit we were going to buy, however we then found that not all the chips in the 1.6 ECU's were capable of actually being written to.

There is another option with someone else that I am looking at in Europe. Rather than send the ECU's away though and be at the mercy of everything in between and not having the car for up to ten days, I gather up the ECU's and take them personally to get them done.... that way they come back within a couple of days, and they are not being thrown around Mr Postmans happy sack! I will let you know how this option proceeds

Re: Mmm...........................

twincamms said:
that's pretty much the same sort of money that Alfanige was talking about, a lot me thinks for 10bhp!

Surely with all the correct electronic equipment that FIAT have in their garages they should be able to offer this type of service, think of the money they'd make, particularly if they extended the warranty to cover such changes as long as it was done by them?

MG - Rover offer that as an aftermarket option on their ZT/75 Diesel range, was around the £300 mark i think.
If one car manufacturer can offer that, then as you say, there is money to be made and a market out there. Although we dont want to take that business away from Nige :)

You get.....................................

12 BHP for £450, I was up for it until I found out these stats, I'd be happy paying around £300 for that sort of gain, but £450 is scandalous!

well id part with £300 for 12bhp
Then you add a nice stainless steel exhaust
Not putting an induction kit on seen the data sheet from K & N - mission

Hi Ian,

The only problem asking the dealer is that they will only tell me what Fiat part number and maybe the make of the ECU, what I really need is the make and type of ECU fitted to your car; do you have a camera phone? If so that would be good enough, all I am looking for is a reasonable picture of the ECU and its i.d. numbers.

Let me know,

Regards,

i received a text today from Torquing BHP Ltd. they assure me the stilo 1.6 can be done but he needs to justify the outlay and will give me a call today.
Anyone still intrested who want the number passing on to him?

Has anyone tried an FSE boost valve. They're supposed to do the same job as a chip/remap & only cost £100. I had one on my old BX GTi 16v & it seemed ok. Just don't try turning them up. Supposed to fit any modern EFI car.

Back