Technical Persistent warning triangle on dash

Currently reading:
Technical Persistent warning triangle on dash

strawberryjen

Hi all,

I have a 2009 Fiat 500 Pop and there is a warning light on the dash that won't go away! I took it to a garage several months ago and they couldn't find a fault, so switched the light off. It reappeared shortly after, so, thinking there was nothing wrong, I ignored it. However, I am now in the position of selling my car so took it to another garage yesterday. They said it was a fault with the 'body control module' and quoted me £600 - 700 to have it repaired. They assured me the car was safe and legal, and would pass its MOT without this, so it seems a lot of money to put a light off.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if/ how they managed to resolve it? I am concerned no one will want to buy the car with a warning light on the dash.

Thank you.

Hi Jen :)

Is there any other lights on.. ?

Has it been running well?

Its possible you can get the error read and the light switched off ..
With the correct kit to talk to your 500

Have a look on the members register to see if somebody is local to you ;)

Charlie

If this is a yellow triangle, this is most often about a light not working.
Is it on all the time, or only at certain times? What are the circumstances?
Poor earth connections at any light, usually a rear lamp, can cause lamps to fight each other, working apparently ok when each circuit is tested individually, but if two are operated together, such as indicators and brakes, then an error can show.

Hi guys,

Thank you for your responses, they've been a huge help. Essentially, the faults that existed (daytime running lights) have been resolved but the warning light is persistently on. The car runs perfectly it seems, so I've no idea what it could be related to. The garage I'm in touch with have suggested repairing the body control module, costing £400+ (a lot of money to turn a light off!) However, they will perform checks on the earth wire too as this is known to cause faults if it is corroded in some way.

Back