Perrys of Amersham - Warning

Currently reading:
Perrys of Amersham - Warning

HornetUK

Established member
Told me 3rd year warranty would cover noise from front springs so booked in for work. 4 hours after they had car they rang to say no fault found with parts just dry bushes, therefore £150 to lube and refit. Asked what if not wanted....£85 to put back as it was, therefore either pay £85 or £150.

Questioned why not told this could be outcome....'misunderstanding & apologised' contacted head office and managed to get a £27 discount. Still find this unacceptable.

SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED PERRYS OF AMERSHAM DO NOT ASK YOUR PERMISSION BEFORE WORKING ON YOUR CAR & YOU INCURRING COSTS.

A simple explanation at the start of 'if we find no defects this will cost you £...' would have been good customer service.

I'm wondering where to get my Punto serviced now. Not much choice round these parts.

Fortunately mines not due until october so have some time to find someone.

Might get it done at my uncles Ford garage in Kent. :)
It's where I bought the car from and should be able to trust them.(y)

Amersham were quite good say 7/10 until they ripped me off! Now I will never go there again. They never did fix my driveshaft seal in 3 attempts:(

Last edited:
I posted this on the Alfa website as Perrys of Amersham are primarily an Alfa dealer, got a few people on there telling me it is well known to stay away from Perrys and even a couple who have had bad experiences of Perrys in Amersham.

The radio station I put this in the hands of have told me they are still waiting for a response from Perrys regarding this, over a month now I think Perrys are taking the radio station for fools too!

If I do not get a full refund soon i'll just send Perrys an email link of this post for info. 394 VIEWS to date and eight emails asking about the service I received isn't bad :)

BBC 3CR Hornet? They have a very good consumer show.

I'm still unsure where to go and get my car serviced now next month. I needs the air con fixing too and was thinking of a proper Fiat garage, but hmm...

Last edited:
Went back on the radio today for an update, apparently they spoke to someone at Perrys 2 weeks ago and they said they wanted to deal with me directly.....told them I haven't heard a thing from them....yet more superb Perrys Customer Service. They are going to contact them again on my behalf and told me to do the same.

I'll give it a week, publicise this post on a few more motoring forums and then just email them a link. As they obviusly have no intention of contacting me, let alone giving me the full refund I feel I deserve for being told it would be under warranty TWICE.

Thing is...you cant find out what the fault is (noise in this case) until parts are removed/stripped down.I'd be more inclined to take it up with 3rd party warranty.Maybe they thought it was the springs only to find out later it wasn't?

p.s.dont know the whole story to this but dealers hate 3rd year warranty as the claims take along time to complete(customer annoyed waiting)and then find out that its not covered(customer takes it out on dealer)it's about time Fiat got away from this as it causes(in my opinion)too more grief.
Somebody has to pay for techs time & unfortunally its the customer...mostly due to salesman not explaining 3rd year warranty policy correctly!

T, whilst i fully agree with what you're saying, there does appear to be a discrepancy in the way some dealers handle the third year issue, as i said on another post, currie motors (not everyone fave, but i'm illustrating a point;) ) dealt with the panda clutch way quicker than i (or even they) thought they would. i think as pointed out in numerous threads, some dealers go all out, others, shall we say lag a little.

True but 3rd year warranty has to be approved,sometimes this can take as little as 15minutes,other times the request for repair is deffered...this can take hours to get authorisation(authorization?)other times refused & dealer will try & contact them(easily said than done at times)to find out why....all this time customer is going 'mental' at garage staff when there is physically nothing they can do about it.A inspector can also be sent out to check the car at their leisure.
Yes course some are faster than others,depends on staff available and workload.Just pointing out here I dont know this dealer,never been there infact dont know where Amersham is:eek:

Fair enough, but as you appreciate the service manager should not have said on two seperate occasions its covered. The ring p 4 hours later with £85 to put back together or £157 to fix....take your pick!

Is this 3rd year still dealt with by Fiat UK or outsourced?

All these bad dealers named on here by posters, what is the legal side to this, if for example Perrys, or one of the many other poor dealers were to see a post on here could they take action against an individual, the board or can anyone and everyone say whatever the like on the internet?

Just interested:)

Thanks

Back