Technical Performance Clutch

Currently reading:
Technical Performance Clutch

Hi people :)

I'm looking for a performance Clutch (for road use) for my Fiat Tipo 1.6 sohc

Black Diamond have ceased production of them :(

Will have to be 190mm in Diameter NOT 200mm.

Anyone one know where I could obtain one? Any help greatly appreciated.

If I can't find one.... I'm selling the Tipo :cry:

Trancendental said:

demon tweeks sell them.(y)

Trancendental said:

trancedental, you dont need one, please dont waste money on one, if you need a replacement just get an aftermarket one.

rich

sediciRich said:
trancedental, you dont need one, please dont waste money on one, if you need a replacement just get an aftermarket one.

rich
I'd have to agree. No offence to your tipo but its not dealing with the bhp/torque of a sedici. An aftermarket clutch should be sufficient and I believe they can offer you a standard or uprated version.

Hellcat said:
An aftermarket clutch should be sufficient and I believe they can offer you a standard or uprated version.

I used an incorrect term.. I meant uprated :eek: but thanks for the advice ;)

While we are on the subject of that area, would you recommened me lighten the flywheel?

This is the main reason why I wanted the tighter clutch plate.

A Mechanic friend told me that if I do and start racin around too early with a light flywheel I will kill the pistons as they are old and might need to be shortend or replaced because of the extra stress the torque might create on the engine.

late model Mk1 Uno turbo have the same clutch as a 1.6L Tipo. Ive fitted a few aftermarket standard clutches to Uno turbos that are well modified. The clutches are actually listed for Tipo's, not Unos, and they are fine.

Trancendental said:
I used an incorrect term.. I meant uprated :eek: but thanks for the advice ;)

While we are on the subject of that area, would you recommened me lighten the flywheel?

This is the main reason why I wanted the tighter clutch plate.

A Mechanic friend told me that if I do and start racin around too early with a light flywheel I will kill the pistons as they are old and might need to be shortend or replaced because of the extra stress the torque might create on the engine.
if you start to lighten the flywheel,you are going into real expence.the con rods,crank and flywheel should all be done and balanced.leave well alone.(n)

andy that is so not true at all.

trance - a lighter fly wheel will not cause any increased stress on the internals, they may accelerate quicker to higher rpm, but their actual linear speed will remain the same and as their weight is not changed the stresses will be the same. But if the wheel is lightened too much near the center then it may fail. My old turbo engine was std with a lightened flywheel this cause no issues at all.

rich

Back