Styling Pedals

Currently reading:
Styling Pedals

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
you generally have to remove the rubber covers from your pedals, and then offer the replacement pedal up to the pedal and mark where you want to drill, you need to ensure that at least 2 bolts go through the pedals.

Generally, the bolts are then covered from view with rubber grommets.

FYI... you should inform your insurance company that you have done this...

you generally have to remove the rubber covers from your pedals, and then offer the replacement pedal up to the pedal and mark where you want to drill, you need to ensure that at least 2 bolts go through the pedals.

you would think that wouldnt you:p

(joking)

Why would pedals make a difference? I can understand alloys as they are easy to get to, and if there was a nice CD player or something.

Why would pedals make a difference? I can understand alloys as they are easy to get to, and if there was a nice CD player or something.

Basically as missey has said, but also because there was a problem a few years back where people's pedal's were coming loose, or off completely and causing accidents. Although, it applys more to the clip on ones (which are no longer road legal) rather than the screw on ones, but they still want to know about them, most wont charge extra for them.

i have removed my few weeks ago as one of the nuts are starting to come loose on the clutch... plus my insurance company were never happy at me putting them on as they wanted to get a garage report before they would even consider insuring them.....

there not worth the trouble IMO, as few people are going to see them, they not really a great mod, and could easily cause an accident.... (n)

Back