PCP Termination

Currently reading:
PCP Termination

My girlfriend is in the process of handing back here BMW 120d that she had on a PCP agreement through BMW finance.

She picks up here new Fiat 500 tomorrow and the 1 series is due for pick up on Saturday morning.

Now has anyone handed back a car through a voluntary termination on PCP and what's there experience been with regards to the cars condition? Her car in fantastic condition. There are a few stone chips along the bumper edge. One wheel has about a 5mm mark on it and there is on surface scratch (about 10mm long and only the laquer is damaged) on the drivers door near the handle.

We are a bit worried about handing it back and then being hit by a massive bill for repairs to the car. The car is 6 years old (2006) so to be honest they can't expect it to be like new.

Anyone know how tedious they may get with regards any 'damage'.

Thanks.

Indeed they might try it on but your just need to stand firm 6 years expects some level of we're and tear, they might pick up the lacquer on the door as excessive depending on the state but other then that sounds like standard condition for a 6 year old car.

The company I used to work for would take cars back at the halfway point of the finance, as long as the car wasn't a right off we didn't care, but then most of our cars were repossessed so we were used to significantly worse condition to what you've described

The scratch on the door is just a surface scratch (I.e you can't feel it with your nail) so I assume it's just a surface/laquer deep.

We got the car at 3 years old and it had stone chips etc on it then. I guess we could always argue that they were there when we got the car originally.

I would intend to fight any costs they try to pass on as in my opinion the car is in the condition of a 1 year old car never mind a 6 year old one.

I just dread a letter popping through the letter box in a weeks time demanding £1000's. I'd much rather it went back and they sent a letter saying thanks. The likely hood of that though?

Make sure when they assess the car you are there, makes it much harder then for them to contest it

Oh yeah I'll be there. My girlfriend needs to be there anyway to sign it off. But it's inspected by the person who picks it up. They note any defects/damage. It then is inspected by BMW at a later date and they then decide whether to charge for any damage etc. I wasn't too keen on that set up as I would rather know if I was to be charged before the car went as anything they insisted needed repaired I'd much rather have organised myself as it would be a lot cheaper I am sure than BMW will claim. Unfortunately though the way it's being done is the way it needs to be.

Back