General Pay's to shop around!

Currently reading:
General Pay's to shop around!

Well, the wife's 1.8 Dynamic was in need of a new centre section exhaust and a windscreen replacing. I didn't have windscreen cover on my insurance (silly me!) so have to pay out of my own pocket! :eek:

I was struggling to find someone to supply an exhaust for the 1.8, the local exhaust fitters didn't have one listed and neither did any of the site's I found! So, I called Fiat and they had one in stock. £198 all in! :cry:

Next I needed to get the windscreen replaced. first place I called, £568 fitted! :cry: So far thats £766 for a screen and half an exhaust!! :(

But..... ;)

An email came in from an exhaust fitter (who I forgot I'd emailed) saying they have one in stock, £35 + postage (y)

Next, I called another windscreen place and they quoted me £235 fitted (y)

So, it went from me thinking I was going to have to shell out £766, to actually having to pay £285 :slayer:

Bit of a result me thinks.

No other reason to post this up than its a Friday and I'm bored! (y)

i found it cheaper to upgrade my insurance to fully comp and pay the £60 excess when i needed a new screen, worked out just short of £200 all in

i just waited 2 weeks before getting the screen done :devil:

Well, the wife's 1.8 Dynamic was in need of a new centre section exhaust and a windscreen replacing. I didn't have windscreen cover on my insurance (silly me!) so have to pay out of my own pocket! :eek:

I was struggling to find someone to supply an exhaust for the 1.8, the local exhaust fitters didn't have one listed and neither did any of the site's I found! So, I called Fiat and they had one in stock. £198 all in! :cry:

Next I needed to get the windscreen replaced. first place I called, £568 fitted! :cry: So far thats £766 for a screen and half an exhaust!! :(

But..... ;)

An email came in from an exhaust fitter (who I forgot I'd emailed) saying they have one in stock, £35 + postage (y)

Next, I called another windscreen place and they quoted me £235 fitted (y)

So, it went from me thinking I was going to have to shell out £766, to actually having to pay £285 :slayer:

Bit of a result me thinks.

No other reason to post this up than its a Friday and I'm bored! (y)

Links for the good ones [prices] please helps the others..(y)

Back