PayPal Help Required Quickly

Currently reading:
PayPal Help Required Quickly

How does he sign the v5, youve no proof who you are selling to so the comebacks could be on you! Does the guy actually exist? I can understand why youre hesitant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve mate, If you dont like the situation, pull out now:eek: . Its alot of money youre talking about not a couple of quid(n) .Go with your gut feeling. 9 times out of 10 if it dont seem right it usually isnt!:slayer:

yeah no need to worry, people worry to much ifyou ask me. more chance of being scammed using a dodgy cash point or mugged most likely. the benefit of him paying straight to your bankaccount is that paypal wont take a fee from you for using there serivce. so much percent cant remember exactly what it is now. so you end up with mroe cash that way. as dave said he may be saying paypal so he can usehis card. or just forthe ease. i allwayuse paypal for the ease factor but have given someone bank details also.

dave said:
he may only be paying through paypal as he has no cash and wants to put it on his credit card.

Or someone elses..

Sarah lost a couple hundred pounds when she sold a phone on ebay and got paid via paypal. She had transfered the money from paypal to her account and it had been in a few days before she got an email and calls from paypal demanding the money back. Turns out the payment had been made with a stolen credit card. Paypal offers no protection for sellers, only buyers.

Tread carefully Steve. If he's a genuine buyer he won't mind being flexible to protect you both from fraud.

Hellcat said:
Or someone elses..

Sarah lost a couple hundred pounds when she sold a phone on ebay and got paid via paypal. She had transfered the money from paypal to her account and it had been in a few days before she got an email and calls from paypal demanding the money back. Turns out the payment had been made with a stolen credit card. Paypal offers no protection for sellers, only buyers.

Tread carefully Steve. If he's a genuine buyer he won't mind being flexible to protect you both from fraud.

Exactly, thanks for that. I'm happy with what I've done now. (y)

Back