Paul's challenge

Currently reading:
Paul's challenge

no i havent,

i'm not so lazy as to have to have something to brush my teeth AND not rich enough as to be able to by one of these sonicare things when a £1 oral B tooth brush will be just as good!!!!

It's not about being rich or lazy, it's about haver cleaner teeth. It's proven....I'm neither rich nor that lazy.

Paul said:
blah blah blah...
I agree. Naff off cinq can't you see that's just annoying? And you accuse Paul of starting arguments.

On toothbrushes, Someone bought me an electric one and I hate it. I stick to Tesco's value (red) toothbrushes, seem to do the job :D

Dr_Pepper said:
I agree. Naff off cinq can't you see that's just annoying? And you accuse Paul of starting arguments.

On toothbrushes, Someone bought me an electric one and I hate it. I stick to Tesco's value (red) toothbrushes, seem to do the job :D

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just making a point - If you don't agree, that's fine by me.

As far as no better is concerned, the only reason they created electric toothbrushes was to enable better cleaning of teeth. You need to apply less pressure, so they are less damaging to the gums and the occilating action massages the gums to reduce gum recession. They also have the best action for removing plaque and removing any foreign objects caught between teeth or between teeth and gums. They also polish the teeth leaving a smoother surface that will stay cleaner for longer.

All that said, people have coped with normal toothbrushes for years and the main reason for selling them now is probably profit rather than oral health.

Sonicare are those special expensive ones ;)

But most studies suggest otherwise to what you have said. Also, an important thing about mine is that it runs for 2 mins so I know I always do my teeth for two mins at a time, I know when I use manual I tend to do it for less time.

Interesting - went to my 'private' dentist today, and was discussing merits of electric brushes.

I have used Oral B for years, and he said stick with it. LATEST research has proven they are better than the sonic ones - Braun only launched their sonic brush for marketing reasons, due to fact they were losing market share when Phillips launched theres.

Obviously, you will shoot me down in flames now, but this has come from a very trusted dentist, whom I have used for many years. And he is not selling just Oral B brushes ;) - may have to look on Google for some answers.

Stuart DemonD said:
I
Obviously, you will shoot me down in flames now, but this has come from a very trusted dentist, whom I have used for many years. And he is not selling just Oral B brushes ;) - may have to look on Google for some answers.

But you have 15 fillings though :)

Stuart DemonD said:
16 actually :D

c573d1b9.jpg
<------STU :p

The Negotiator said:
But most studies suggest otherwise to what you have said. Also, an important thing about mine is that it runs for 2 mins so I know I always do my teeth for two mins at a time, I know when I use manual I tend to do it for less time.
This might be true, however I don't know about anyone else but I will not be bossed around by a toothbrush, and what's more I get bored well before 2 mins is up. :D

Last edited:
I prefer non-electric. They don't make me sneeze. Anyway tis good exercise for my wrists. :D

Back