Paul's challenge

Currently reading:
Paul's challenge

arc said:
toothbrush goes in the mouth, not up ur nose. I think this is where the sneezing problem stems from..

Crap, thats what ive been doing wrong!!! Doh :bang:

nope i like my manual, makes me feel like im contributing to my daily excercise and i feel like my teeth are cleaner because ive physically scrubbed them....and i hate the tingling in my nose with the leccy ones! :eek:

I've used an Oral B for 6 years, had the first for 4 years and upgraded to one with more features. I've stayed over at other folks and used my manual and my teeth feel furry so I clean them using the electric one asap.

Aren't the Sonicare heads £25?

Liam

Just thought I would add the fact I was going to post. To any engineers and people who do any science it won't be anything new but to people who aren't in those fields it might make you say "guh?!"

A m^3 of air has a mass of about 1.3kg. Yep, that's about 27 sq ft of air is just over a kilogram. Never thought air was so heavy? Interesting huh?

maybe not ;)

I guess it's all relative, but people generally think of things like polystyrene as being light and 1 m³ of that weighs about 15-20kg at a guess, so that does make air quite light. I wonder how much 1 m³ of hydrogen weighs, 1 kilo, would make sense, but I don't know how they came up with the original 1kg weight.

A further point of geeky interest is that the weight of a kilogram is actually increasing. The reason is that the stanardl 1kg weight, from which all others are derived is stored in a vault in France and until 10 years or so ago it was very delicately polished by a French chap, who has since died and they don't trust anyone or any machine to continue the maintenance. As such it is increasing in weight due to mercury deposits from people's fillings when they exhale, etc. Obviously the increase is so infinitessimal that it is almost immeasurable, but considering the care taken to ensure the accuracy of the standard, it is a dilemma which needs to be overcome. At current rate of increase you would get one extra average sized apple per kilo in 10,000 years.

Back