Technical passenger side fan rattle (100HP)

Currently reading:
Technical passenger side fan rattle (100HP)

brayn

G'day all. My Panda has developped a rather annoying interior rattle. Was wondering if anyone has had similar? My panda is a left hooker as I am on the continent (if i indeed got my left and right right...). When I put on the AC fan, acceleration makes the rattle louder. Should note that on the Swiss version, we don't get climate control as standard. If I think about it real hard, I think it is only when the ac is on, but then I can never be sure, as the music is often sort of loud, the roof is open (when the AC is off...), and the go pedal is too tempting....

I have removed everything from the glove box, checked that it isn't my keys etc... so to the best of my ability, I figure the ventilator fan bearing could be shot. I think it is the farside passenger fan that is at fault. Otherwise perhaps it is something more sinister under the bonnet... (hope not, and sort of doubt it). btw, car only has 2300km and the rattle has been on and off for the last 600km or so.... And I didnt thrash the living bejesus out of the car for quite some time...

Anyway, havent had a chance to make it to the dealer, but was planning to drop in on them tomorrow or soon at least. any suggestions or help would be cool...

cheers all.

Would not worrie too much i have rear bumper rattle, dash rattle, rear suspension knock, rear brake squeel,and my knees ache all the time put it down to Fiat...

hehe,

I am not worried about it, but it does annoy me a bit. the noise doesn't start immediately after turning on the AC, but if I wring its neck a little, it starts... the vibration is a constant noise too, not varying with RPM etc... anyway cheers for the interest. Will see what the garage thinks, if it is easy to replace the fan, then i'll get them to do it....

Back