General Passed mot

Currently reading:
General Passed mot

I love how so many people seem surprised that their cars pass MOTs, lol.
I was thinking exactly that myself, lol.
Personally I wouldn't take a car in for an MOT unless I knew it was going to pass. It would be a complete waste of £52 (or whatever it is nowadays). Much better to give the car a quick once over and iron out any small issues like headlight bulbs, tyres, washer bottle etc

£52!!!! :eek: where do you live?!? cost me £30 last time..
Official price for an MOT is £54.85.
https://www.gov.uk/mot-test-fees
I've used the same garage for over 30 years and I know he isn't looking for work. I'm always suspicious of garages who cut the price of the MOT. They have to earn a living and might fail something borderline if they can get a job out of it. The garage I use will always give an advisory if he thinks something is borderline. He knows me well enough to know I will get it done anyway if I think there is a safety issue (or do it myself).

depends where you go but i'm pretty sure over £50 is unheard of around here (York), I would say average is £35-40 and infact the place i use is £35 but he did it for £30 last time as i take quite a few cars there for MOTs, i think he doesn't want to lose my custom is all. I was even lent tools last time to adjust a few bits as the turbo needed tweaking to pass emissions this year.

I will agree though that alot if not most MOT places i have been don't really do the job properly at all. I have had cars that shouldn't pass, pass before.

depends where you go but i'm pretty sure over £50 is unheard of around here (York), I would say average is £35-40
Ah yes but that's Yorkshire isn't it. The garages probably know that a Yorkshireman isn't going to put his hand in his pocket for £54 so they just get what they can. :D

Back