General passed mot but it shouldn't !!!!!

Currently reading:
General passed mot but it shouldn't !!!!!

willkng08

put my seicento sporting through a mot last wednesday just to see what it would fail on. it failed on dodgy back brakes and a broken spring. changed brake shoes and spring. put back through mot yesterday and it passed. one thing it should of failed for was the rear trailing arm bushes which were worn, when i say worn i mean you can move the wheel back and forward. i am going to change them anyway but how can this have passed an mot????

Taking it back also - something else will suddenly 'be wrong' and next thing its £300 bill for repairs

there is a guide and it will take me a weekend...

didn't take car back to garage afterall. can the bushes be done one at a time without taking the whole arm off? i was thinking that i could put car on axle stands and put a jack under the arm so that when i take the bolt out the arm will lower anough to get to the bush!! i don't wnt to disconect the brake lines etc as it can be a nightmare bleeding the brakes and the shocker bolts tend to snap.

The rear brake line is tiny and is only on the arm, just replace them.

And shoe and cylinder is really cheap so can replace them as well.

Someone found rear bushes for £37 for 4 !! poly as well.

So is a good time to do them now.

Ming

can the bushes be done one at a time without taking the whole arm off?

There may be a very expensive tool around that'll allow you to do that, but the usual way is to remove the arm and burn and cut the old ones out (or take to someone with a press).

Use a proper clamp on the flexis and bleeeding will be much easier. PlusGas saves busted bolts. Fluffy has them on the shelf anyway.

Back