Technical passanger door won't open!

Currently reading:
Technical passanger door won't open!

joepuddle

the passenger side door on my 3dr stilo wouldn't open from the outside only the inside. finally got around to having a look at it. turn out that the cable from the outside door handle had become detached at the lock. no worries apart from the 1 million screws, hex heads and bolts to discover this. fixed it, closed door, opened door and repeated this several times. perfect. then drove the car. next time I went to use this door it wouldn't open from inside or out.

anyone got an idea how i can get the poxy thing open now so i can get the door card off to have a look??:bang:

move the window all the way down and try to hook the cable via window seal (stilos are protected from this - not at all sure how you'd manage.. else you will have to drill a hole near the inner handle to get @ the wire..) make sure it isn't deadlocks beforehand (deadlock the car and listen for a click from that door.. should be same as all other doors.. same goes for unlocking from remote)

sounds like deadlock has stuck on, i believe it is quite common problem. I had the same problem and had to change the lock.
Only way is to get the door panel off and release the lock, getting the panel off with door shut is tricky but can be done as I managed it, LOL

Hi
Probably the deadlock needs reset , put the key in the passenger side and do right, right, left could be the other way round I can never remember, must be my age.
This works on the five door so worth a try.
Good Luck

This happened to me, and you can get the door card pulled back enough to get access, but be careful or it can break at the front end. Either get someone to pull it back for you or wedge it. I used a thick brazing rod ,bent a loop in the end and after some time, patience and a torch managed to open it.

Last edited:
Back