Technical Parts Barchetta

Currently reading:
Technical Parts Barchetta

Hi everyone, I've recently purchased a Barchetta and was just wondering where does everyone buy there parts from? One of my power steering hoses looks like it could do with a change soon...

Attachments

• Fiat Barchetta Power Steering pipe.JPG
    Fiat Barchetta Power Steering pipe.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 119
Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm also a fairly new Barchetta owner but I'm happy to share my experiences so far.

Firstly, if you're not already familiar with it then track down a link to ePer which is the system for viewing Fiat parts diagrams and that can help identify the part number you need.

I've assumed that, from your profile, you're UK based, my apologies if that is incorrect.

There are a number of online parts suppliers that offer service parts for the Barchetta. A lot of them seem to be different fronts for https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ who I've used successfully for a few parts

There is a UK based supplier https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/ who I've spoken to but not yet ordered from, they stock some B parts and were very helpful when I rang them.

Another one I've heard of but not used is https://www.ricambio.co.uk/

You'll hear Henk mentioned a lot. He runs https://barchettaparts.com/en/shop and has a lot of Barchetta specific parts as well as a fund of knowledge about the Barchetta.

The UK Fiat Barchetta owners club http://fiatbarchetta.uk/ also maintains a list of member recommended garages.

Hopefully others will be along shortly with their suggestions.

Good luck with your B

Hello Chris,

Thank you so much for these links. Really helpful, I am UK based and have come across ePER which is a very useful tool.

I am yet to get under the car to exactly pin point the part I need (on my to do as soon as I recover from this 'super cold').

Many thanks,

Sasha

Hi Sasha and welcome to the forum

I had a lot of work to do on mine when I accidentally acquired it and everybody on here was super helpful!

Like Chris, I used a combination of places. Shop4Parts was one I used a few times.

I also used www.onlinecarparts.co.uk. Unfortunately, the parts actually come from abroad and can take a while to get here. One of my orders even got lost by Hermes, so had to re-order, but, I did get my money back

Curiosity gets the better of me, what part of the UK are you in?

Last edited:

Attachments

• Steering.PNG
    Steering.PNG
    82.2 KB · Views: 46
I'm in Warsaw at the moment visiting family. Never in the last 8 years found it has difficult to find and buy b parts. Yesterday I was 15 minutes away from a private breaker (bought 2 lots from him already) but he wanted to go out on his Motorbike and could I leave it till next Saturday. Others so slow to respond etc.

I'm in Warsaw at the moment visiting family. Never in the last 8 years found it has difficult to find and buy b parts. Yesterday I was 15 minutes away from a private breaker (bought 2 lots from him already) but he wanted to go out on his Motorbike and could I leave it till next Saturday. Others so slow to respond etc.
That's disappointing. Any ideas as to why?

No real understanding why. First attempted purchase was via the Polish equivalent of EBay, Allegro. The item was shown in stock, 48 hours latter message only that there was a problem. Never heard from them again. Second company did supply but delivery took 4 days.
The private seller/breaker mentioned above had the best service (outskirts of Warsaw based) Two requests for parts availability and parts prices given and delivered over night. I'm old school (early seventies) and I like to visit breakers and pick over the cars. Three times I've asked about visiting and buying more parts something he doesn't seem keen on.
One breaker as three barchetta's in. All parts requested available. He wants payment up front via a bank transfer, I want to pay the courier which is normal in Poland so that's on old till latter.
An interesting one is a young student who only in the last three days is advertising the complete sale of his 4 barchettas all in parts in one lot. Prior to that I had ordered parts from him, but he kept putting off a delivery date and I received none. Since I've been in Poland he's being trying to sell a complete set of red leather upholstery initially for £600 pounds and recently £400 His set is on the UK eBay for £1000 plus delivery by the seller in Berlin who finds customers at inflated prices and then checks if its still for sale and then buys and moves them on without any handling or ownership.
My latest attempt this weekend was with some one who has again several barchettas for breaking He had most parts asked for and it was going well until he asked me how much I was willing to pay? I don't know if he didn't like the answer that normally going in to a shop I expected to see the prices.
A couple of other story's, very similar.
Having lived and worked (not all the time) in Poland since 1977 nothing still ceases to amaze or faze me. But I would like to go back to my first breakers visit when I bought ever light on the car for £80.

Yes I know of Mikolaj and his offers. He is the young student I was trying to buy parts from but was extremely slow in replying and then when every thing was agreed nothing was posted for several days and I decided to cancelled everything. Following him on face book etc. he's having no interest in a bulk sale. At Polish prices 5,000 zl (£1000) all in I would have tried to talk the wife into it and arranged some transport. Last year I had a Fiat 126 delivered door to door Warsaw - Newcastle-under-Lyme for £400. I am on face book but go under the name "age concern" (a long story)

Yes I know of Mikolaj and his offers. He is the young student I was trying to buy parts from but was extremely slow in replying and then when every thing was agreed nothing was posted for several days and I decided to cancelled everything. Following him on face book etc. he's having no interest in a bulk sale. At Polish prices 5,000 zl (£1000) all in I would have tried to talk the wife into it and arranged some transport. Last year I had a Fiat 126 delivered door to door Warsaw - Newcastle-under-Lyme for £400. I am on face book but go under the name "age concern" (a long story)
That's interesting, I thought you might have seen it and I've seen Age Concern posts but hadn't joined the dots. It's the sort of lot that, at the right price, would be worth the transport assuming you've got somewhere to put it all and you'd want more confidence in the seller.

I thought he wanted 5000 Euro for the whole lot, 4 cars and loads of other parts, sounds like a good price, but, someone would not only need to transport it all, but also have somewhere to keep it all and then have the time and inclination to be a small breakers yard!

Christ, what a steal - but I shudder to think what the transportation costs to the UK would be (especially if you wanted to avoid any damage to those bodyshells/panels).

Back