Parts Availability

Currently reading:
Parts Availability

Hi, Anyone had issues getting parts from Fiat dealers?

I've been waiting for a 2010 Punto O/S/F brake pipe (55701042) form ABS module to flexi for over 2 months! :oops:

Replacing as corroded and do not want to replace it with another one like that from a breakers. :(

Hi

Italy still has a National Industry summer holiday... like the 1970's

Have you searched the part number for a pattern new one??

Or has the UK dealer already had your money..
Searched everywhere (that I can) and no luck.... can find the NSF but not the long OSF one!

I have already learned with fiat parts brokers, so now I order from online stores myself. The last time I tried from signeda.pl (since I'm from Poland, I use this version, but there is also an international version) and I got the parts smoothly. We'll see how it goes

Hi, Anyone had issues getting parts from Fiat dealers?

I've been waiting for a 2010 Punto O/S/F brake pipe (55701042) form ABS module to flexi for over 2 months! :oops:

Replacing as corroded and do not want to replace it with another one like that from a breakers. :(

I think car manufacturers have to provide spare parts support for their models for either 7 or 10 years following the end of production, and you're looking for a part for a 12 year old car (albeit it was in production a bit longer after that)... so it's getting tight.

Fiat is also not the most prolific supporter of it's obsolete models... although this is offset by they are quite good at using the same parts on multiple cars, so some parts can linger in production on some other car, even though the model you're after was discontinued earlier.

If it's a brake pipe, I would get a garage to make you one out of kunifer (copper-nickel-steel alloy) pipe. Not only can you have it "tomorrow", it also won't corrode.

Other parts becomes more of a treasure hunt. If you can turn up eBay Italy, Poland, Bulgaria or Greece etc. then you might get some joy abroad. I used to go car parts shopping during my holidays.. managed to pick up an Alfa 155 NOS mirror.. (albeit the glass was wrong for the the driver's side) and various headlamps (although one was a LHD in a RHD box, which spoilt my joy).

Otherwise, your dealer is the best placed to find any languishing UK stock. Bishops in Guildford searched the network to find me variously the last fuel pump for a 155 in captivity.... (it was the same part but boxed for Fiat Tempra) and the unobtainable plastic fuel lines from the tank to the filter. If someone has it on their system, then other dealers should be able to find it.

Having said that, I might have a NOS pipe from a Punto hanging up in my old mum's garage. I have no idea what the part number is but it's from a 1993 Punto (the tubby one) so it could be the same, or not. I think it's offside one too.... I'll see if I can get my old mum to read off the part number.

Ralf S.

I think car manufacturers have to provide spare parts support for their models for either 7 or 10 years following the end of production, and you're looking for a part for a 12 year old car (albeit it was in production a bit longer after that)... so it's getting tight.

Ralf S.
Well our Jan 1988 Strada 130TC (E reg) was a classic example of some parts not being available from Fiat within a year of purchase / end of production.

Admittedly the 130TC was a rather odd ball Fiat Strada with Abarth special parts (track control arms, hubs, struts, springs, trim, front Recaro seats, (list goes on). And yes under EU rules Fiat should have been providing parts for years afterwards but there is no way a handful of customers are going to make them do that and legal action by the EU would be highly unlikely. On this latter point has there ever been a legal case where an EU car manufacturer has been forced to provide parts?

Often seen on Fiat parts information "Production out of production. No replacements available".

Surely if given your old part for a pattern most half decent garages should be able to make one up for you. I have never fitted a factory supplied metal brake pipe, always made up my own.
Argreed

A brake pipe is something so easy to knock together for a semi experienced mechanic not sure why anyway would even go to a dealer for one

Back