Technical Particle Filter Help

Currently reading:
Technical Particle Filter Help

pauljmic

I have a 2013 2.0 Scudo that I took into the Fiat service centre after being told by my usual mechanic that he can't deal with the errors that come up on the screen on the dash.

The errors were "Engine Management System Faulty" and "P. Filter Additive Level Low"

I was told by the service centre that they changed a few bulbs on the dash and would now need to change the broken fog light (for €200) before the engine management warning goes away. (No I didn't accept the €200 fog light).

As for the particle filter, I was told that I need to go and buy Adblue from the Peugeot dealer and put it in myself.

I was given a bottle of EOYLS Powerflex, told this is what I need and sent on my way.

After doing some very professional googling, I found out that they are 2 different things completely (one oil based and one water based).

Can anyone here please clarify which one I need and hopefully help me avoid having to buy another particle filter.

And also, have I just been ripped off about the engine management thing....

Many Thanks.

:bang:

I have a 2013 2.0 Scudo that I took into the Fiat service centre after being told by my usual mechanic that he can't deal with the errors that come up on the screen on the dash.

The errors were "Engine Management System Faulty" and "P. Filter Additive Level Low"

I was told by the service centre that they changed a few bulbs on the dash and would now need to change the broken fog light (for €200) before the engine management warning goes away. (No I didn't accept the €200 fog light).

As for the particle filter, I was told that I need to go and buy Adblue from the Peugeot dealer and put it in myself.

I was given a bottle of EOYLS Powerflex, told this is what I need and sent on my way.

After doing some very professional googling, I found out that they are 2 different things completely (one oil based and one water based).

Can anyone here please clarify which one I need and hopefully help me avoid having to buy another particle filter.

And also, have I just been ripped off about the engine management thing....

Many Thanks.

:bang:

Hi, I've corrected myself. This (EOYLS Powerflex) does appear to be the correct fluid. Adblue is for NOx catalysts, not DPF. Not sure where the tank is on a Scudo though.

Robert G8RPI.

Robert G8RPI.

Last edited:
Driving through the Nularbour I came across every "Roadhouse" selling AddBlue . I asked one of the owners what it was for and advised that truckies use it , But trucks have a separate tank for AddBlue which is injected into the exhaust to convert the Nitrous oxides. Scudos do not have such a system. EOYLS Powerflex is supposed to be added directly to the fuel. I've never been a fan or believer in fuel and oil additives.

. Scudos do not have such a system. EOYLS Powerflex is supposed to be added directly to the fuel. I've never been a fan or believer in fuel and oil additives.

The above fact is wrong Scudos DO have additive tanks the same as Peugeot and Citroens
they are exact same vehicles
Eoyls goes into a seperate tank underneath Vehicle which gets added to the fuel tank by a pump every time you open up fuel filler.

The above fact is wrong Scudos DO have additive tanks the same as Peugeot and Citroens
they are exact same vehicles
Eoyls goes into a seperate tank underneath Vehicle which gets added to the fuel tank by a pump every time you open up fuel filler.
I haven't checked this thread for many months so I need to correct the correction. I have a 2008 Scudo and it definitely does Not have any exhaust additive tank. Maybe later model did but the 2008 model does not .This probably doesn't help anyone but the correction has to be made for the record.

Driving through the Nularbour I came across every "Roadhouse" selling AddBlue . I asked one of the owners what it was for and advised that truckies use it , But trucks have a separate tank for AddBlue which is injected into the exhaust to convert the Nitrous oxides. Scudos do not have such a system. EOYLS Powerflex is supposed to be added directly to the fuel. I've never been a fan or believer in fuel and oil additives.
You do not add it to the fuel it goes into a separate tank or bag somewhere and the system auto adds so much into the fuel tank everyfill or certain period of time this is to help regenerate the dpf system rather the dumping fuel into the exhaust like other systems do

I am aware that both AddBlue and EOYLS are injected into the exhaust system from a separate tank. But My 2008 Scudo does not have such a system . Perhaps other models or later models do but not the one I own. This matter is not worth arguing about. I'm just stating the facts as per my Scudo.

Back