Part for Fiat panda 2011

Currently reading:
Part for Fiat panda 2011

Gerriatrick

Hi, Newbie here, I've been looking for the electrical unit for the power steering on a fiat panda 2011, please, can anyone help me with the product number thanks 😊

From Fiat, you'll only get the whole motor/ECU unit.

You could talk to these guys: https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/panda-electric-power-steering-problems.342222/

But, before that, are you sure you need the ECU? Most problems with these are with the torque sensor (some people replace just that, having obtained one from eBay), or the motor.

If you are getting random error messages, this is often the result of a failing battery. The steering needs a lot of current, and a weak battery cannot keep up. This causes the steering ECU to throw a hissy fit, and give random eroor messages.
Similar problem can be caused by the main battery earth cable becoming corroded inside, and creating a high resistance. All cheaper to fix than a new steering column unit.

My mechanic says it's the electric unit that runs the motor of EPS, I know nothing about cars, the battery tested fine so not that.

Electric control unit which attaches to motor of power steering is exactly what I need.
If the problem is just the red steering wheel warning light coming on, don't panic, they all do it, the battery gets pounded in winter (lights, heater, wipers and rear demister etc) the power steering draws a lot of current from the battery too combined with the other draw from the 'winter needs' it shows the voltage drop via the red warning light.
The centre lead on top of the neutral post on the negative battery post is the earth for the power steering. Unbolt or, clean it with wire wool or a scotchpad and put it back on with petroleum jelly.
Or give the battery a good charge

Hi, Thanks I'll try that, he did test the battery and it was perfect. The power steering is completely gone.

Back