Parking ticket

Currently reading:
Parking ticket

Venters

bairns, not bombs.
Well I got my first parking ticket today. But I'm not sure about it.
As you can see I'm off the road not parked on the path and not blocking any entrances or exits.

So my question is do you think it is worth contesting?

Attachments

• Photo-0089.jpg
    Photo-0089.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 89
Are you parked on the pavement? Bit hard to tell from that pic.

you're parked illegally, but you should ignore the parking ticket and not pay it, there's a very small chance that you'll ever hear about it again, and if you do then you can contest it. hopefully they've got 1 minor detail wrong on the ticket, thats enough to get it cancelled. i've paid for one ticket and had more than half a dozen.

By the looks of your photo you are parked on the pavement :confused:, was it in a town centre or on any busy right of way. It could be your drive also.

Either way, i would try and contest it.

Is it outide your house :confused:

you're parked illegally, but you should ignore the parking ticket and not pay it, there's a very small chance that you'll ever hear about it again, an dif you do then you can contest it. hopefully they've got 1 minor detail wrong on the ticket, thats enough to get it cancelled.

Depending on the council yes. I know for a fact darlington and cumbria are very hot of the mark with these and pass them onto bailiff as soon as there over due. And under the new parking laws the bailiff can and will clamp your car until you pay and if you don't your car will be towed and auctioned unless its on finance then it will just be clamped.

Depending on the council yes. I know for a fact darlington and cumbria are very hot of the mark with these and pass them onto bailiff as soon as there over due. And under the new parking laws the bailiff can and will clamp your car until you pay and if you don't your car will be towed and auctioned unless its on finance then it will just be clamped.

What if its a car going to auction in 3 days that doesn't even have that registration on it now.;)

Was outside the DVLA office whilst sorting out the reg transfer.
It's only £30 but I'd rather it in my pocket than the councils.

You hear about so many tickets being issued illegally. The woman on the phone was no help atall when I rang up to enquire about it either.

What if its a car going to auction in 3 days that doesn't even have that registration on it now.;)

Was outside the DVLA office whilst sorting out the reg transfer.
It's only £30 but I'd rather it in my pocket than the councils.

You hear about so many tickets being issued illegally. The woman on the phone was no help atall when I rang up to enquire about it either.

Your still registered keeper when the ticket was issued?. If so your still responsible weither you set fire to it, push it off a cliff into the sea or sell it to polish imigrants. By all means do all your checks too make sure it legal and if so pay it. Trust me not worth the hasstle leaving it.

Your still registered keeper when the ticket was issued?. If so your still responsible weither you set fire to it, push it off a cliff into the sea or sell it to polish imigrants. By all means do all your checks too make sure it legal and if so pay it. Trust me not worth the hasstle leaving it.

Nah I'm not registered keeper.

But I wouldn't want it going back to the guy who traded it in.

illegal to park on a pavement, if there is no pavement then they shouldn't issue a ticket. get yourself a copy of the highway code and look at the section concerning parking. Appeal anyway on the basis that you haven't contavened the highway code anyway but you must do that within 14 days normally. Also send a copy of the photograph with the appeal. They can't argue with photographic evidence.

The 'verge' next to a road has the same parking rules as the piece of road it is attached to....

Therefore if there's a double-yellow on the road, the grass verge alongside also counts as a double yellow.

At least that's what our council told us.

If you don't pay and don't appeal it as some have suggested you could be in for a nasty surprise in a few months when bailiffs come knocking demanding hundreds of quid. If you did the crime do the time and don't whinge about it.

If you don't pay a parking ticket you won't get a bailiff turn up without warning. First a court order has been issued. You will get a letter asking you to pay the ticket plus court costs or make a declaration to say you didn't get the ticket or notice. If you make the declaration, then the ticket amount goes back to the original amount and you get a chance to pay it or appeal and have the record wiped.

If you lie about not getting the ticket though, you could get 2 years for perjury. Plus you have to sign in front of a lawyer etc, which will probably cost more than the ticket.

You won't suddenly get a bailiff without first ignoring letters from either the court of parking enforcement.

It depends on the council byelaws for parking on the grass verge, but if there are double yellows, they normally apply to verge, pavement and carriageway.

I would just pay to be honest, especially if you haven't registered the car in your name as this is an offence as well.

Back