Parking ticket

Currently reading:
Parking ticket

Isn't it cheaper to pay early? I know with our council its £25 within 3 days or £60 after that.
I once got a parking ticket but got away by claiming the sticker had fallen off the window. It was infact my mates ticket, I wrongly assume it was free after 8 considering the local leisure centre refund the parking ticket anyway. Taught me to check parking signs in more detail!

01 !! thats the worse one you can get.....£2000 fine or buy a season ticket for dundee united..........pay the fine:)

What will I do? I haven't got £2000 and I'd slit my wrists before going to watch Dundee United! :(

Isn't it cheaper to pay early? I know with our council its £25 within 3 days or £60 after that.
I once got a parking ticket but got away by claiming the sticker had fallen off the window. It was infact my mates ticket, I wrongly assume it was free after 8 considering the local leisure centre refund the parking ticket anyway. Taught me to check parking signs in more detail!

Yeah its like that on this one aswell. £30 for 14 days then £60

Nah if I can't get it dropped I'll have to pay it. Otherwise the fine will go back to the customer who traded the Corolla in. Can't see it being a good way to retain future customers if I allow them to receive fines for stuff they haven't done.

Nah if I can't get it dropped I'll have to pay it. Otherwise the fine will go back to the customer who traded the Corolla in. Can't see it being a good way to retain future customers if I allow them to receive fines for stuff they haven't done.

well for you to get away with it the office needs to admit they were in the wrong, mine was off a copper so obviously wont happen

well for you to get away with it the office needs to admit they were in the wrong, mine was off a copper so obviously wont happen

yes the police are more serious but i got off mine. That was issued by swansea police. :mad: I had the fact that they had lost their photographic evidence aswell, which probably isnt actually true. I was parked safely and they didnt want to show their picture i think. They didnt have a leg to stand on really but even then it took them 7 months to give up on it and the stress it caused was just not worth it. I'll be paying the next one for that alone! On the bright side, they are giving me travel expences for driving all the way from someret to swansea for the court hearing, which actually works out to be lots more than the fuel costs and money for the severn bridge put together! Up to you though, if its a council one maybe worth disputing but police are so stubborn.
In my opinion that is off the road and is not a public walk way as it has not been paved. Therefore rules of the road do not apply and there is no way they can claim it to be inconveinient to pedestrians. I might be wrong though so best check first!
Good luck to you,
Cheers
Si

....In my opinion that is off the road and is not a public walk way as it has not been paved. Therefore rules of the road do not apply and there is no way they can claim it to be inconveinient to pedestrians....

It might not be the case here but if parking turns the verge into a mudbath like it has in our street, the local residents might find it very inconvenient!

It might not be the case here but if parking turns the verge into a mudbath like it has in our street, the local residents might find it very inconvenient!

Yeah, you have a good point. Perhaps there had been a complaint about it in that case.
Would it be private land by the way? Or is this council land, maybe thats worth checking. Just throwing some idea's out in case! No one really wants to see these bloody traffic wardens win! Power to the people! :slayer:

Si

Yeah, you have a good point. Perhaps there had been a complaint about it in that case.
Would it be private land by the way? Or is this council land, maybe thats worth checking. Just throwing some idea's out in case! No one really wants to see these bloody traffic wardens win! Power to the people! :slayer:

Si

depends,ever been stuck in a traffic jam bacause of a badly parked car? an evil we need im afraid

yeah, the trouble is that some people that cause a massive obstruction and get away with it, for example in swansea bryn road has parking on both sides so that only one car at a time can get through. Problem is that there is no way of seeing if there is someone coming so you end up having to dive into a parking space or reversing 100 yrds to let ppl through. Never seen a ticket on them, or the cars parked on double yellows further along. Yet i get a ticket because of parking near a bend! Their standards need to be more consistant, and fair. I do though agree we need them! That almost hurt to say lol :eek:

Si

Back