Technical Parking brake- is something missing here?

Currently reading:
Technical Parking brake- is something missing here?

I didn't bleed the brakes when I did this. I did have someone press on the brakes while I had the drum off, and it took a minute (and some pushing) to get the shoes you go back to their "normal" position.

Thanks. Any suggestions on brake fluid? What's required?
Thank you for that pearl of wisdom Peter---having been told why reversing the car can bring the brake pedal up, it is entirely logical. F30Msport (sorry, I don't know your name)--the factory reccomendation for brake fluid is "Dot 3", but this was a reccomendation from a few years ago. I will check this out for you and come back.

Thank you for that pearl of wisdom Peter---having been told why reversing the car can bring the brake pedal up, it is entirely logical. F30Msport (sorry, I don't know your name)--the factory reccomendation for brake fluid is "Dot 3", but this was a reccomendation from a few years ago. I will check this out for you and come back.
"Dot 4" is the most commonly available brake fluid these days, and is available from any car accesory shop. Different types of brake fluid shouldn't be mixed, so if you are going to use "Dot 4", it is best to bleed the system thoroughly.

Back