parking attendants????

Currently reading:
parking attendants????

was driving past the sheff wednesday ground the other day bout 9pm and there was a game on. now the parking is a bit scarse(sp?) so cars parked on the path. (they are VERY WIDE, enough for two cars side by side) so, what do i see, THREE parking attendants in a row ticketing EVERY car they see! whats the point? do they not have homes to go to :confused:

:tosser: i say, for not havin a life! reminds me of the bovril advert :rolleyes:

Now think about this.................what are parking attendents/traffic wardens paid to do? :)

chaos said:
Now think about this.................what are parking attendents/traffic wardens paid to do? :)

ok they are there to write tickets! but the cars were causing no obstruction and it was 9PM??? was like they had organised a day out to the game but not for the football :confused:

I know what your saying, BUT at the end of the day, It is a FOOTPATH!!!

Last year, my wife was in a wheel chair, and the amount of time's while I was pushing the chair, I had to go on a road was unreal.

WHY do stupid people have to park on FOOTPATHS??? Is it because their LAZYYYY????

What about the dangers of people having to go on to the road because of these people!!!!

you are right im what you are saying, the only reason i didnt agree with what they were doing is because there was still a path width available even with the cars parked on there! and again, was 9pm, what hours do the atendants work???

stilosporting said:
ok they are there to write tickets! but the cars were causing no obstruction and it was 9PM??? was like they had organised a day out to the game but not for the football :confused:

sounds like a plan to me.

extra cash in many pockets (incl. the attendants)

general misery to everyone else, and then the go home for a cup of horlicks and sleep.

while everyone else moans about the ticket.

surely ppl cud make money providin cheap parkin round the grounds? :confused:

I used to live about 5mins walk from Hillsborough football ground, our street used to be empty even when there was football on. I just used to put it down to people been lazy and not wanting a 5 min walk. :D

Got to agree with the magority here we had neighbours at the previous address we lived at yesyouve guest it the crap head opposite now this family for want of a better word and their freinds thought that pavements were there for the sole purpose of parking on and as our driveways were staggered they also blocked us in on a regular basis [b******s]:bang:

I dont park in places i shouldnt, so if people do park in these places its their own fault.

But i agree that there should be more free parking around football grounds.

Parking wardens cant ticket me!!!

Because I dont park illegally.

I agree with the wardens on this one, they are doing their job properly, no matter how boring it is, its there job.

its the ones who ticket ambulances on call that need to be shot.

even got told a story about 1 ticket attendant puttin a ticket on a motorcycle that was lying on double yellow lines cause the guy had just been knocked off it and was sittin in the ambulance.

granted they are only doing their jobs, but every single one i have come across has been a jobsworth pr*ck....

mase said:
even got told a story about 1 ticket attendant puttin a ticket on a motorcycle that was lying on double yellow lines cause the guy had just been knocked off it and was sittin in the ambulance.

granted they are only doing their jobs, but every single one i have come across has been a jobsworth pr*ck....

There have been too many versions of that story for it to be believable IMO, including one where the warden supposedly stuck it to the guy's helmet as the paramedics worked on him!

But I do not doubt for one second that there are pr*ckish wardens out there that do things not too dissimilar

mase said:
its the ones who ticket ambulances on call that need to be shot.

Agreed most are, around here you get the nice ones who you tell say to

"Mate I'll be 5 minutes" to which they reply "be quick" and its all good.

Others start writing tickets while you are inside to car still

Some hide while they write you a ticket then pop out slap it on and run

Some even say its cool to park and the moment your back is turned they write you a ticket.

They do this outside where I work as I've mentioned countless times on a single yellow with a restriction up untill midnight and they come out at start ticketing from 2130. Why? cause they are sad no life cnuts. I know I'd rather be at home.

I can be a Jobworth.. but thats if I get one Head up there bum W4NK3R customer who don't know their please's and thank you's and is demanding and thinks they know how the operation I'm part of works by insisting I don things for them that aren't possible and that could potentially lose me my job.

Then I can make up a whole range of reasons why they, the customer is not right and I wont be able to satisfy them on this occasion.

Like the time one customer didn't by a ticket for his wife and one of his two children and told me that he just wanted to seat them so they didn't miss any of the film and that he would purchase the tickets. This is not generally allowed but it was a request I could forfill and I allowed it.

Only for him to kick dirt in my face and go away to try and sneak them in on tickets that were not valid.

I embarressed his wife and kids after I rounded up as many staff I could could find and blantently removed them from the screen. He was upset as was his wife but it was not my concern.

I don't just ruin peoples days for the fun of it like a Traffic Warden does.

What did you do then then?

They tried to sneak into a film for free, you embarrassed them on purpose.

Park illegally, get charged.

That's hypocrisy.

Back