parking attendants????

Currently reading:
parking attendants????

The Negotiator said:
What did you do then then?

They tried to sneak into a film for free, you embarrassed them on purpose.

Park illegally, get charged.

That's hypocrisy.

No because I didn't go out my way being difficult when there was no need.

when he approached me I could have simply told him that they all had to wait until they purchased the tickets before I let them into the screen.

I never, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he slapped me in the face.

If a real obstruction was being caused then fair play to the warden, but if there is REALLY no need then why the need for a ticket? that is half some peoples weekly sallery.

Like you embarrased that mans wife when they tried to watch a film under invalid tickets, traffic wardens embarrase you when you park in illegal areas.

Your both missing the main point. He made it necessary for me to remove them.

If I parked sideways accross a pavement taking up the whole footpath and some road I would expect a ticket.

If he didn't take the **** I would not have had to remove them.

If the parking caused no obstruction and it was after 2100 and there really was no need to be there issuing tickets at that time then why do it?

Because they are the original heartless crew.

No, breaking the law is breaking the law, it's pretty black and white, park illegally and expect a fine.

Trancendental said:

With all due respect, I think it's YOU that's missing the point here :)

That guy made it necessary for you to remove them; park illegally and you make it necessary for a warden to ticket you. Granted, there are some who seem to be lacking in common sense e.g. ticketing a bike that's just been involved in accident, that's just plain madness IMO.

Trancendental said:

If I parked sideways accross a pavement taking up the whole footpath and some road I would expect a ticket.

If he didn't take the **** I would not have had to remove them.

If the parking caused no obstruction and it was after 2100 and there really was no need to be there issuing tickets at that time then why do it?

Because they are the original heartless crew.

If I was you I would give up you have the Popes bully men on :worship: the Mr
perfects.:p
Steve

steve1219 said:
If I was you I would give up you have the Popes bully men on :worship: the Mr
perfects.:p
Steve
I'll try once more to explain, then I'm going to sleep.

The Negotiator said:
No, breaking the law is breaking the law, it's pretty black and white, park illegally and expect a fine.
No the law is not as black and white as you may think, there are several usable colours one can use to exempt themselves from certain laws, you just have to know which colours to use.

chaos said:
With all due respect, I think it's YOU that's missing the point here :)

That guy made it necessary for you to remove them; park illegally and you make it necessary for a warden to ticket you.
The guy made it necessary for me to remove them, this was after careful deliberation on what facts I had available to me.

He insulted my intelligence AND spat in the face of my good will.

Traffic Wardens are human, He/She can make also make choices like my one. Stay home or come out after dark and cause distress. If it was some Cyborgs doing the ticketing then I couldn't really say they didn't have to as it was written into their program code but as its not a cyborg and resembles a human (missing the common sense/discretion) they do not have to do anything they do not wish to do.

If I clearly saw someone doing something which was of no harm to anyone else, such as standing up on a bus when there where clearly seats avaiable would there be a point in demanding that they sit down?

If I saw a car parked on a quiet street causing no obstructions to anyone or anything at 2300 at night while everyone is most likely resting anyway, would I give them a ticket?

The fact that someone purposely done something which was not necessary clearly prooves to me that some people (Traffic Wardens) do it on purpose just because they can.

Theres little doubt that you guys are well educated, but either you don't spend much time out doors or the part of the brain which controls common sense has malfunctioned :confused:

Trancendental said:
I'll try once more to explain, then I'm going to sleep.

No the law is not as black and white as you may think, there are several usable colours one can use to exempt themselves from certain laws, you just have to know which colours to use.

The guy made it necessary for me to remove them, this was after careful deliberation on what facts I had available to me.

He insulted my intelligence AND spat in the face of my good will.

Traffic Wardens are human, He/She can make also make choices like my one. Stay home or come out after dark and cause distress. If it was some Cyborgs doing the ticketing then I couldn't really say they didn't have to as it was written into their program code but as its not a cyborg and resembles a human (missing the common sense/discretion) they do not have to do anything they do not wish to do.

If I clearly saw someone doing something which was of no harm to anyone else, such as standing up on a bus when there where clearly seats avaiable would there be a point in demanding that they sit down?

If I saw a car parked on a quiet street causing no obstructions to anyone or anything at 2300 at night while everyone is most likely resting anyway, would I give them a ticket?

The fact that someone purposely done something which was not necessary clearly prooves to me that some people (Traffic Wardens) do it on purpose just because they can.

Theres little doubt that you guys are well educated, but either you don't spend much time out doors or the part of the brain which controls common sense has malfunctioned :confused:

You do not seem to appreciate that they are doing a job, i.e. they are PAID to do it. Like a bus driver is paid to drive a bus, a traffic warden is paid to ticket illegal cars. I see no problem with that - its a job. They may not want to be there ticketing cars, but they may have a mortgage to pay and a family to feed. You thought of that, eh? :)

If a car is causing an obstruction, then it should be ticketed. If a warden ignored an illegally parked car without a good reason (e.g. involved in an accident/ incident) then they may well find themselves out of a job. If they don't work at their contracted times, then they could find themselves out of a job. If they are contracted to work at 23:00, then they have to be out working at 23:00 whether they like it or not. What if the vehicle concerned could block emergency access/ambulances etc.?

Oh, and Trance, if I lacked common sense, then I would have been in hospital numerous times, which I haven't :)

You seem to think that everyone has it in for you - insurance companies, traffic wardens.....................not everyone is evil.

Only one person's common sense has "malfunctioned", the rest of us seem to comprehend the job that traffic wardens do and why they do it.

see the problem with introducing the wardens 'judgement' into things is it can cause more problems.
eg i got a ticket recently(1st one in over 10 years) for my wheel touching the end of a double yellow grrr
now i see cars often in the same space(its the end of a row) parked 1-3 feet over the line yet they dont get a ticket. obviously i lucked out the the yellow peril i got

The Negotiator said:
Only one person's common sense has "malfunctioned", the rest of us seem to comprehend the job that traffic wardens do and why they do it.

If the Police can use their discretion then so can a traffic warden.

Everyone one day will have the 'Right' to do something, Like give a ticket for speeding, parking badly, Ejecting someone from a cinema screen.

Its up to that person whether they wish to exercise that 'Right' If you don't understand this then boy, I give up.

I understand on the off day that a certain person Might well HAVE TO exercise a right that on any other day they would have not done, depending on whos watching or other anomolies at the time but this RARELY happens everyday.

chaos said:
You do not seem to appreciate that they are doing a job, i.e. they are PAID to do it. Like a bus driver is paid to drive a bus, a traffic warden is paid to ticket illegal cars. I see no problem with that - its a job. They may not want to be there ticketing cars, but they may have a mortgage to pay and a family to feed. You thought of that, eh? :)
Yes bus drivers are paid to drive a bus a pick up passengers... You know how many bus drivers up here Choose not to stop at a certain bus stop with a half empty bus (no exaggeration) with people sticking their hands out for it to stop because they didn't feel like it?

We all have bills to pay, doesn't mean one has to be a W4NK3R doing so.

chaos said:
Oh, and Trance, if I lacked common sense, then I would have been in hospital numerous times, which I haven't :)

You seem to think that everyone has it in for you - insurance companies, traffic wardens.....................not everyone is evil.
It wasn't me who was ticketed, I don't think everyone has it in for me, I do think that some organisations and people within them could conduct themselves a little better though to perhaps maybe gain some respect from the public and their 'customers'.

I'm talking on behalf of all those who feel they were unecessarily ticketed and who would agree with me but they are not part of the Forum so it appears as if I'm on my own with this one.

I've been ticketed 4 times since on the road, 2 were fair and square the other 2 were just so silly I never paid and never will.

Theres no discretion about it!

Otherwise you could have used discretion when ejecting the said mans wife.

chrisunoman said:
Theres no discretion about it!

Otherwise you could have used discretion when ejecting the said mans wife.
See, this is what I'm talking about. You missed the point clearly.

I did use discretion, and plenty of it.

Obvioulsy, regardless of my points you guys seem to have already made up your minds so lets not continue.

Trance, I asked this before on an insurance thread and you never replied.

What is so complex about the job that traffic wardens do that you don't understand? It is really quite simple.

Back