General Paracetic Battery Drain.

Currently reading:
General Paracetic Battery Drain.

goggs

Old Gitt..
Hi there guys & gals. My cars this 2011 Multijet and seems to be loosing half a volt (-1/2volt) over night. So I'm looking for easy way out as I'm old (68) and decrepit and sook oxygen throu a straw. So where's the likely answer, radio, amp system, switch, etc, as has been found by past magicians.
Thanks..

some numbers would be useful. You might not even have a problem as the battery does settle

you also need to measure the drain to be sure it not just an old battery thats not holding its charge.

a working Panda with the doors locked is 800 ma and drops down to 39 ma after around 30 seconds

After a run the battery will measure around 14 volts and drop down to around 12.5 volts over night. A bit less if the battery is old

if the radio is faulty you would hear the radio on as you enter the car.

the normal work around is to leave a CD in it

Paracetic can be can when you've been Paraletic the night before. ;)

Radio is the favourite, but old batteries can lose power very quickly. I had one that was fine at home but went flat when parked on a hill. Debris in the cells was shorting out when hill parked.

Last edited:
Yeh its a new Bosch battery its been trying to flatten for a while now. Had an idea you guys would come up with the radio sooking volts. Is it same with Panda where the power doesn't just go into Radio head when cars sleeping but power feeds amplifiers and all speaker systems as well.

the problem with the radio is normally the CD micro switch

if the radio isn't on in the morning its unlikely to be the problem.

there's only a problem if the CD slot is empty.

The normal way to diagnose a drain is to measure it. Then remove fuses until the drain is gone

there's always a small drain to keep the clock running and remote receiver alive

Back