Technical Panel Filter or Induction Kit

Currently reading:
Technical Panel Filter or Induction Kit

How hot does does the engine bay get after a long-ish drive?
Seeing as its 16v it could make the engine bay rather warm. so an induction kit would be subject to heatsoak. unless you get an enclosed induction kit, like the pipercross viper or venom for example.

but panel filter pretty much does the same and cheaper lol but don't think you'll get as much sound from the panel filter though... but like what dave said depends on you.

Another fact to consider is that some uprated panel filters are recognised as Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM), and therefore do not require you to inform your insurance company. An induction kit will require such notification, and some insurance companies won't even allow modifications.

How hot does does the engine bay get after a long-ish drive?
Seeing as its 16v it could make the engine bay rather warm. so an induction kit would be subject to heatsoak. unless you get an enclosed induction kit, like the pipercross viper or venom for example.

but panel filter pretty much does the same and cheaper lol but don't think you'll get as much sound from the panel filter though... but like what dave said depends on you.

A closed induction will suffer as much from heat soak as an open one when drawing the air from the same spot.

The way the Viper or Venom try to avoid it looses even more power apart from the fact that the filter medium is rather restrictive.

A panel filter has got the advantage that the insurance doesn't need to be informed and it is a direct replacement.

The advantage of a properly designed induction kit is that it increases torque over the rpm range as well as peak power.

Thanks for all of that, i do quite a few miles every day so the engine will get pretty warm i'm sure. so its looks like a panel filter is the way forward.

when i had a fiesta zetec-s i tried both panel filter and an induction kit and the panel filter so so much better and gave a lot better performance than the induction kit.

The majority of induction kits are designed/mounted really badly so will probably loose you performance.

Pannel filters range from standard to a more free flowing filter. The pannel filter will not change any noise, however will give you better airflow.

Induction kit, will give you more noise/sporty sound. However like I said and like has been said they are subject to heat which in essense makes the intake less efficiant.

On the punto I would either- leave it standard
or
Buy a GSR kit (properly designed)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

from what I have read, yes they happen to fit the Punto mk2 (at least) aswell as the focus

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
when i had a fiesta zetec-s i tried both panel filter and an induction kit and the panel filter so so much better and gave a lot better performance than the induction kit.

most of the Fiesta range mk5/6 not including ST do not have any induction kits that work well as they are not custom designed for them. Luckily for us Fiat drivers, theres oldschool researching, designing and testing induction kits (amongst other things) for our cars.

ive got the same car as u tam,
i bought a K&N panel filter, and i noticed the difference, i got it from europarts, and it cost 35pounds.

cheers.

Back