Technical Panda Waze - The Result of the engine power issue

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Waze - The Result of the engine power issue

Pleased to say that Fiat have cleared this up. Panda Waze is and was 85HP.

I have made a proposal of what would resolve with the issue for me. I decided asking for product rather than money was a better solution to the Sellers than a financial refund, and therefore a more reasonable solution. I get good value and the cost to them is significantly less so good all round.

I have what I requested and thank Fiat for the decency in accepting responsibility and putting things right properly. This I believe is rare and to be praised.

The Waze configurator has been corrected, apart from the tyre size, and that's in the pipeline. Dealers remaining ads will be removed as soon as possible and this is being rolled out via Fiat.

As a neighbour and friend rolled up here at the weekend with a Panda 4x4 bought on my recommendation, I am very pleased my faith in Fiat has been justified.

According to Autocar the 85HP Panda is both faster top speed and acceleration than the Panda Cross 90, so I will now settle down and enjoy my new waze. All I need now is new tyres for my winter wheels and I am in business.

PS also confirmed floor mats ARE part of the Panda package and should be fitted during PDI. That form the horses mouth.

Long the Nooplebee, long live the Fiat Panda!

Contacted by Fiat this week and they confirmed NO Panda Waze has ever had 90HP. I said I thought the engine was discontinued prior to release of the Panda Waze and this was verbally accepted, no reason given for the error but they are clearly very embarrassed and its not a web site error as stated previously. I have repeatedly insisted they do something for all owners but the Data Protection Act was mentioned as a reason they cant do this. Words fail me on that. I am satisfied with my settlement and suggest if you have been similarly misled that you take this up with them. They did say they will deal with each case as it arises.

The car was incorrectly described and marketed in very clear breach of UK consumer law and my position was, that I had an absolute right to get what was advertised and sold or my money back and compensation for reasonable expenses, less a mileage based deduction for use.

I felt that a reasonable approach would get the best result and based my position accordingly, influenced by a desire to keep the car.

I suspect Fiat are expecting to hear from many more owners and are clearly trying to form a strategy as I write. I am still waiting for an apology however.

I am working with my Insurer to contact ABI as I have been charged for a car I do not have and want a refund if possible. The Waze will need to be re assessed to see which group it falls into. I am also trying to see if the CBC option is worth any discount too so will report back on that too.

I am still unhappy about what has happened but in the end feel I have got my monies worth if not what I wanted or paid for. Thankfully the new Panda goes better than the last one so I am happy to keep it.

Whether or not I buy any more Fiat products is something I will think about. I suppose the service and settlement help make up for the problem.

Last edited:
Contacted by Fiat this week and they confirmed NO Panda Waze has ever had 90HP. I said I thought the engine was discontinued prior to release of the Panda Waze adn this was verbally accepted, No reason given for the error but they are clearly very embarrassed and its not a web site error as stated previously. I have repeatedly insisted they do something for all owners but the Data Protection Act was mentioned as a reason they cant do this. Words fail me on that. I am satisfied with my settlement and suggest if you have been similarly misled that you take this up with them.

The car was incorrectly described and marketed in very clear breach of UK consumer law and my position was, that I had an absolute right to get what was advertised and sold or my money back and compensation for reasonable expenses, less a mileage based deduction for use.

I felt that a reasonable approach would get the best result and based my position accordingly, influenced by a desire to keep the car.

I suspect Fiat are expecting to hear from many more owners and are clearly trying to form a strategy as I write. I am still waiting for an apology however.

I am still unhappy about what has happened but in the end feel I have got my monies worth if not what I wanted or paid for. Thankfully the new Panda goes better than the last one so I am happy to keep it.

Whether or not I buy any more Fiat products is something I will think about. I suppose the service and settlement help make up for the problem.

Back