General Panda Twinair Suspension

Currently reading:
General Panda Twinair Suspension

Graham GB

Hi,I've never read any threads about suspension upgrades,i'm not talking racing driver suspension,but ride quality.
The suspension on our Twinair is no better than an old Morris Minor & a lot worse than our '61 Beetle,it bangs & crashes like a hand cart.
I'm really surprised i haven't read more about upgrading suspension.
Apart from that we love it,(all right the front seats are a bit lacking in support).
Anyone know of better aftermarket shocks,for a starter.

I wonder if the Trekking suspension would fit?
I know someone who has a "normal" Panda and they've commented on how crashy the suspension is.
My wife's Trekking rides quite well, certainly better than my 500X. I think the extra suspension travel helps.

Hi,I've never read any threads about suspension upgrades,i'm not talking racing driver suspension,but ride quality.
The suspension on our Twinair is no better than an old Morris Minor & a lot worse than our '61 Beetle,it bangs & crashes like a hand cart.
I'm really surprised i haven't read more about upgrading suspension.
Apart from that we love it,(all right the front seats are a bit lacking in support).
Anyone know of better aftermarket shocks,for a starter.

Assuming your description of the suspension on your TwinAir is accurate, there's something wrong with your Panda, there's no way the ride on a Moggie or a Beetle compares favourably with the Panda. The ride on the previous model was not great but the recent one's a significant improvement so I suggest you get someone at your local dealer to check it - failed shock absorber? failing shock absorber or wishbone bush? loose nut somewhere?

Thanks for responding,i checked Novitec after reading one of Pretenders threads & as he says springs only,i've never driven another Panda,so nothing to compare it with,i don't know how i'd find out about trekking suspension fitting,but i could look into it.
babbo umbro,the suspension has always felt poor since we bought the car in 2012,it seems to be more the rear than the front & i've reported it on every service & the cars done 37K now,of course it has always been "NORMAL",but it did have a front wishbone replaced when it was quite new.

I have a 14-plate 4x4 TA, which will have the same suspension setup as a Trekking and it is by far and away the best riding, most comfortably suspended car I've ever owned. I've driven a few 2WD Pandas and they've all had the same comfortable, composed ride quality. I have to assume therefore that there's something amiss with your particular Panda. As suggested elsewhere, it would be good for you to drive another just to see the difference. Find a dealer and take a test drive if nothing else perhaps....

Back