Technical Panda TwinAir 4x4

Currently reading:
Technical Panda TwinAir 4x4

field500

Hi, just picked up my new Panda 4X4 Twinair and think I probably know the answer to these two questions, but here goes

Stop Start - on my other FIAT's I have had with Stop Start, you can switch this off and it remains off - can not seem to do this on the new one; and

ECO button - had this on the TA Panda I have just traded in and it was switched off the day I got the car from the dealer and was never switched on in 5 years - new one as the ECO button but it come on every time you start the car!

I know they do this so it gets lower CO2 in the tests but I do not want either the ECO or the Stop Start on - pointless unless you live in the smoke

Thanks

The older ones it remains on/off through restarts, the newer ones reset with each start apparently.

Don't think that they can be switched off permanently.

On the plus side, the start/stop will likely stop working anyway

You can switch both off, but they default to on every time you start the car. You just need to get into the habit of automatically pressing them. I don’t mind the stop/start but always switch ECO off. Don’t worry if you forget, the car drives so terribly with it on it quickly reminds you.

The button for stop/start is under the stereo display.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming what I suspected - I will get into the habit of switching both off as soon as I fire the engine up. Especially the Eco - I remember when I had a TA as a courtesy car (had it for a week - loved it so much the new 4x4 is the 3rd one I have purchased) - I pressed the Eco button one trip (to put it on) and I seriously thought I had broken the car - it would not pull at all - soon resolved by switching it back off - and when I got my first TA, switched it off on day one and never had it back on !
A bit annoying that they now default to ON, included Start Stop but, not the end of the world
Thanks

My start stop works for now, next time I wash the car or leave the doors open for any period, then it will go away for a bit.

It has the nasty habit of stopping just as I'm about to sneak into a gap, and it requires the clutch to be pressed fully to restart, something which I don't always do as I'm too far back.

Anyone know if clutch switch is adjustable?

My start stop works for now, next time I wash the car or leave the doors open for any period, then it will go away for a bit.

It has the nasty habit of stopping just as I'm about to sneak into a gap, and it requires the clutch to be pressed fully to restart, something which I don't always do as I'm too far back.

Anyone know if clutch switch is adjustable?

It needs to be fully depressed (and so fully disengaged) to prevent the car jumping forward on the starter...

It should only stop if the car is in neutral and the left foot fully off the clutch anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, thought as much.

I often coast up to junctions or roundabouts in neutral covering the brake and clutch in case I don't need to stop, so often it cuts the engine at sub 5mph, or before the car's come to a complete stop.

Back