General Panda Tailgate query...

Currently reading:
General Panda Tailgate query...

GGX19

Hope someone can help with a query. Have commited to buy a dynamic 04 (54) from a local dealer. Low miles, one owner from new, all sounds good. But when wanting the boot opened, the salesman told me it only opened with the key, that I'd have to take out of the ignition. Seems a little stoneage, when even my mk1 Punto I'm trading in, opened from inside. When I queried this, he rang me back to say this model and year did not have the catch that is rigged up to the central locking system.
All in all, how can I find out if I've been lied to or not? Should a dynamic, not yet 3 yrs old, have the boot catch or not? I'm just about to spend several thousand on the thing, so I'd love to get to the bottom of it all...

Last one - honest! How do I get hold of the roof rails original to the higher nodels, without shelling out the best part of £300 from fiat spares?

Thanks for any help you can give. Glenn.

my tailgate is connected to the central locking on the 100hp. i havea foldy key thing, but it has a third putton which i dunno what it does. on my grande the button popped the boot open a little, but this one does nothing. unless it unlocks the boot? i dunno.

my tailgate is connected to the central locking on the 100hp. i havea foldy key thing, but it has a third putton which i dunno what it does. on my grande the button popped the boot open a little, but this one does nothing. unless it unlocks the boot? i dunno.

The third button on the foldout key is a boot release button, but you have to press and hold it for a couple of seconds. It just means that you dont have to unlock the whole car etc... if you just want to access the boot.

M100 NSY

Thanks all. Looks like i may have dived in too quick, but I liked the little thing. Never get all this in the exxy... Glenn.

Well I had a 04 dynamic (March 04) and the tailgate definitely unlocked automatically (with the doors) using the key fob. However, it did stop working after about a year and could then only be opened with the key in the lock. Another Panda of about the same age had exactly the same problem. The dealer could be right, or the electronic mechanism could have failed. My 56 Panda's tailgate unlocks with the key fob - key in lock not needed (yet!!).

Last one - honest! How do I get hold of the roof rails original to the higher nodels, without shelling out the best part of £300 from fiat spares?

Thanks for any help you can give. Glenn.

£300? Surely shome mishtake? I only paid £38 for the bars which go sideways across the roof, and attach to the same point as the lengthways rails.

£300? Surely shome mishtake? I only paid £38 for the bars which go sideways across the roof, and attach to the same point as the lengthways rails.

I think its the lengthway bars that he is after

As an 'original equipment' option on a new Panda, they cost £175 or come as an integral part of the £550 aircon option pack along with side rubbing strips.

Maybe worth keeping an eye on car breakers for an Eleganza or aircon Panda.....

My aircon panda has them but I can't see how they are fitted on unless its under the headlining inside

Back