General Panda Steelies?

Currently reading:
General Panda Steelies?

Rotary wire brush and then silver hammerite works better than it sounds. More accurate an long lasting than that awful silver wheel spray peeps used t use and lasted five minutes:yuck:

Giacosa said:
Rotary wire brush and then silver hammerite works better than it sounds. More accurate an long lasting than that awful silver wheel spray peeps used t use and lasted five minutes:yuck:

That's how I did my Uno set and they came up surpisingly well. Lasted ages too.

I did something similar but uses Frosts wheel silver and Lacquer and got a really good job.

Even better if you can get the tires off so you can get the rust round the rim or after a while it's going to give a slow puncture:(

Jim

I had the wheels on the 45CL sandblasted and then redone in silver when the car was resprayed. Smart wheels always finish a car off. (y)

When I first got my first Panda in 1993 I put it on stands, took the wheels off, and wire brushed them and painted them with grey zinc primer, intending to paint them silver topcoat. It took nearly a whole day just to clean and primer them. I then needed car next day for work, and thought I'll finish it next weekend. Weekend came but cos it had taken so long to just primer them, the prospect of taking them off again and painting lost it's appeal, so I left them primered and eventually got some wheel trims.....:D Oh to be 17 again.....

Hi Steve
Hammerite make silver in a smooth version(doesnt have the horrible dimpled effect) and works very well at low cost,I`d hold fire on blasting and powdercoating as that money might be of more use elsewhere on the car(y)
Any photo`s of work so far?
Cheers
Adrian

Back