General panda sporting

Currently reading:
General panda sporting

I think it is a cop out, (not this vehicle the panda sporting) it looks like an eleganza with foglights

It needs upholstered headrests as it clearly looks like a Dynamic with a bodykit...

Glad you are enjoying it though :)

yep can't fault it in any way whatsover.

whatever it looks like it looks great, it drives much better than the petrol versions, and was excellent value for money.

wouldn't swap it for any other model in the range :)

Yeah I think it looks cool! 15s would have made that bit more sportier, but
ne_nau.gif

I agree - without the stripes, it looks a really nice colour red - careful you don't bash it, as it will be difficult to get a new paint job to match!

Disapointed to see that the dealer was too tight to give you 12 months tax.....

Yeah i think the colour looks excellent. Im not keen on the stripes and the wheels are a bit too small for it. I know 'Sporting' doesnt mean much and i think the 1.3 diesel is great but i would expect something with a name like that to have more than 70bhp in this day in age. Too me the engine counts as much as its looks do ya know

Wee Smurf said:
The diesel is cleaner and has lower emissions than the petrol... This is recognised by the Government with a lower tax band than all the petrols! (y) Perhaps you should check out a NEW diesel engine. They're a much cleaner beast than the old.

It's an old thread, but I felt the need to react to this myth,

CONSUMPTION is not the same as EMISSION

Diesels consume less, but their exhaust consists of particles and nitrogen oxides (NOx). The first is bad for air quality (not so much the environment, but for our breathing, and I guess we're environment as well), the second is the cause of acid rain.

What diesel have going for them is the lower CO2 and the lower consumption.

It's also worth mentioning that the EURO emission standards are different for petrol and diesel cars. All panda engines (petrol/diesel) are EURO-4, but the diesel is still a tad worse for the environment.

A Multi-jet equipped with a particle filter might very well be cleaner than the petrol version though.

By the way, in the Netherlands the tax on diesels is much higher than on petrol, for exactly the reasons mentioned above.

have finally had our panda sporting mjet (pics earlier in this thread!) tuned up to 105hp at one of the angel tuning outlets.... hehehe what a transformation!

would even dump on the 100hp now, and with buckets of torque to match! :)

yes agreed, a modded 100hp would of course be the dogs, with the other upgraded elements it has over the standard car.

i used to prefer driving our other car (seicento scumacher) but im quite envious of my partner now as she does the bulk of the driving in the panda!

the torque gain is probably more noticeable than the hp increase to be honest, we all know the quality of the jtd engine there anyway in standard spec...and it's scary pulling power now - makes it seem like a much bigger engine.

The good lady has had her Sporting now for nearly 2 years, its in the Rhumba Red plus the stripes, and no matter how hard I try she wont part with it.

She is of the opinion that it is the only car she has had that she can find quickly in large supermarket car parks due to the stripes.

One other point, we bought the car pre reg, dealer knocked 2k off, car was 2 weeks old.

Tara Ian

Back