General panda sporting

Currently reading:
General panda sporting

JTD Monkey

Panda Sporting Multijet

In this months Top Gear mag there is an advert for the Panda Sporting. It is a special edition rather than a new addition to the range and only 400 will be making it to the UK.

It uses the multijet engine (70bhp) and has the following enhancements over the standard multijet spec:

Front fogs
Body kit
Rear spoiler
'Vivid' red and grey upholstery (the same as the 4x4)
Aluminium interior trim
Aluminium pedals
Leather wheel and gearknob
14" alloys (the ones on the Eleganza, which look a little small next to the body kit)
'Sporting' floor mats and...
...a set of cacky 'racing' stripes over the car. It works on a Clio Cup, but not on a Panda :p

Price is £8,995, which seems like a lot of extra cash when it appears there are no changes to the dynamics of the car; it's all just for show.

Re: Panda Sporting Multijet

Seicento Racer said:
I like it :) I'm quite tempted to buy one do you think they'll keep their value better if they are rare?

I suspect it is the quickest way to flush a grand down the loo!

has any one seen the new panda sporting they are COOL. I went to fiat yesterday and had a look at 1 for a friend. ;)

I think that white stripe across the length of the car is terrible! There are photos of the red one on the Fiat site.

Saw one on Friday too, and they look stupid. The wheels, at 14", look way too small with the body kit on. Considering it is over £1,000 more than they Dynamic I can't see anyone wanting one...

I was thinking a buying one of those as I like the look of them :) also remember the multijet standard is £7999 without alloy wheels and body kit!

Also they'll be a collectors item in the future :)

Also just out of the question is the panda's boot bigger than the Sei's or just about the same size?

Seicento Racer said:
IAlso they'll be a collectors item in the future :)

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

No it won't.

Putting a body-kit and stripes on a Panda and limiting the numbers does not make it a collectors item.

Not worth the extra £1000 for a few bits of body kit... although the seats are a nicer colour than the basic Dynamic ones. I always prefered the 4x4 seat colours. You can buy a full body kit on ebay for £99.

Also, I would be expecting a more "sporty" engine in the Sporting, not just the basic diesel. Not that I'm dissing the diesel - I've got one and I love it! The name Sporting just says to me that it should go faster... :confused:

So I'm getting the Vibe if I buy one you won't be too impressed and would have mug written on my head! Also I know you can have a body kit put on a dynamic but it then turns into a modified car which is harder to insure and more expensive! Also a £99 body kit could be naff and cost me at least an extra £150 to have it fitted! Then theres the exhast, extra interior trim chrome effect finish and the sporty pedals.

Also why is it in a better insurance group than the Sei Sporting as it's in insurance group 2E is it because it's a diesel?

Last edited:
theres a black one in bishops of guildford,when i was buying more parts for my cinq sporting,stripes where not nice!!

ive looked at two now (black n red) Yes they look so funky!!! (y)
it NEEDS bigger wheels (165,65,14 is not low profile) (n)
Its still a funky little mota!.Im going to test one on saturday to see wot they go like.
Out of both of them, its gotta be RED!!
Lucky fer me ive still got a set of OZ 15" alloys :D that will make it look sooooosexy!
:eek: the PRICE!!! blimey a bit much...
I'll keep ya posted

Back