General Panda redesign?

Currently reading:
General Panda redesign?

BCD

The new Panda has been around now for 4-5 years. Is there a redesign due, or will they just phase it out and introduce a new model?

Ford only recently changed the Focus, after using the old shape since T reg.

Just wondering!

Re-design is due - have seen sum artists impressions somewhere. The new car will be a bit sharper in looks and bigger.

The Panda was given an update when the 100HP model was released, this included darker interior materials and different upholstery and paint options. A completly new model should be a few year down the link.

As for the Focus agrument, the MkI ran from 1998-2004 and the MkII was intoduced in 2004 and given a facelift at the start of 2008.

Allegedly a final make-over this year sometime (who knows, may be even the two cylinder engine will make an appearance) with a brand new model in 2010.

The only pictures of the 2010 car are artist impressions by third parties, nothing yet - officially or unofficially - has been seen from Turin. However, anyone spending their holidays in northern Italy next year may want to get a long lens and hang around the Balocco test track for a FF exclusive... ;)

I believe Renault are still making/selling the 'old' shap Clio, but with the Campus branding. Why would anyone buy the 'old' Clio, when you can have the new one for the same price??

Panda is looking good, and could easily last another 4 years, IMHO.

I'm guessing that when the new model comes out, the value of our Pandas will drop.....

I believe Renault are still making/selling the 'old' shap Clio, but with the Campus branding. Why would anyone buy the 'old' Clio, when you can have the new one for the same price??

Panda is looking good, and could easily last another 4 years, IMHO.

I prefer the old Clio, it's a completely different car, and it's smaller. It's a shame that they don't do more engines in it really.

I'm not sure about the Panda. I think it sells well becuase it's a VERY good all-rounder, and VERY cheap. It doesn't look great, and the engines are pretty poor (compared to others) when you look at their emissions and perfomance.

I'm guessing that when the new model comes out, the value of our Pandas will drop.....

I guess that comes down to how it's received. The (god awful looking!) bugeye Impreza of 2001 actually strengthened prices for the classic shape one, despite it being technically superior and much better equipped.

It'll be interesting to see if the new Panda is rolled out in all trim levels or whether they hold back the new 100hp for a couple of years as they did with this shape....

Chris

so far nothing official, that infomotori image has been around for gawd knows how long, they are essentially guessing, and hoping a pastiche will hit a few marks on the way.

don't forget as well, that the panda will soon fall inbetween fiats new darling, the topolini, and current baby the 500, all of them working of the same basic platform, all of them looking to earn fiat enough to pour into the maw of ferrari, and the next disaster that will be lancia in the uk, alfa in the us, and fiat thinking just coz bmw are looking to share some components with the next gen punto for its mini, that they are suddenly masters of teh art of reliable construction.......

I asked the sales man at a Renault dealer ship this, apparently it's because they're cheaper, and people still like and want them. I though as if people still want a car like that. What I hate about it is the new re-styled rear bumper and the fact that it's French:p

On another note, would BMW be looking to redesign the Mini? I'd find that quite hard to believe.........

On another note, would BMW be looking to redesign the Mini? I'd find that quite hard to believe.........

why not? changing priorities, new markets, legislation, all means have to consider tying up with another manufacturer for econmies of scale, don't forget, the mini is a standalone platform for bmw, nothing else they have uses it, so in effect costs a lot, whereas fiat use the panda platform for the 500, the panda, the forthcoming topolino, the new ka for ford, massive usage, huge savings, premium pricing (500), big profit

bmw can see hard times ahead, it would be prudent of them to get a platform in, and "munichise" it

But isn't the Mini the car with the least amount of depreciation on the market? Plus, the old Mini lasted 40 years, and people still loved it.

I can't see what they can do to it to 'improve' it, aside from technical stuff.

Was out in a "facelift" Mini Cooper yesterday and I loved it. Compared to the Mk1 BMW Mini I went out in about 5 years ago they've sorted out all the little niggles and the bone shattering ride without compromising the handling. Just a shame they're so expensive to buy new and slower than the Panda! :ROFLMAO:

Chris

Let's hope the mooted BMW - Fiat partnership provides the dream combination of MINI chassis and motors with FIAT design. I am sick to the back teeth of seeing MINIS on every street but acknowledge that the mechanical part is excellent. What about it? A future new Abarth Panda 170HP with MINI chassis.....

Back