Off Topic Panda Panda's Fleet News (or why I'm p!ssed off)

Currently reading:
Off Topic Panda Panda's Fleet News (or why I'm p!ssed off)

As you will have gathered I substantially increased my fleet this year after a rash spending spree on MK3's, MK2's and for good measure a MK4.

The MK4 gets the gold star for being best behaved and totally untroublesome, though has been underused with only 2200 miles so far but will be in daily use now the horrible weather is upon us.

The MK3 4x4 is getting a replacement steering colomn after the red light wouldn't go off on the dash after a reset and an MOT fail would be issued without it. After locating one from the local scrapyard people (motorhog) one was fitted and also found to be faulty. A second unit is being tried though no word on the success of this yet.

MK2 Blackie : suspected water pump failure.

MK2 Fizzle : still not stripped down.

MK2 Selecta : came over all ironic after my rant on dazzling car lights. interior lighting not working (dash and gear lever surround), rear lights not working, suspect faulty switch.

MK2 Whitey : far to good to use as a winter daily : status immaculate!

MK2 4x4 Henry : Goes really well, awaiting interior upgrade and snow.

MK2 4x4 LVJ : still awaiting delivery, will be in classifieds here upon arrival, allegedly finished.

Y10 : poor starting and running, yet to be diagnosed.

MK2 Colour : MOT passed today, being made ready for NEC debut.

So a mixed bag of frustration, annoyance and small (but expensive) victories.

Aim to be rid of two 4x4's (no not Henry) ASAP and Blackie in the New Year, Fizzle in bits or reborn as a camper!

Hopefully I will get to a few shows and events next year with the survivors of the cull.

As you will have gathered I substantially increased my fleet this year after a rash spending spree on MK3's, MK2's and for good measure a MK4.

The MK4 gets the gold star for being best behaved and totally untroublesome, though has been underused with only 2200 miles so far but will be in daily use now the horrible weather is upon us.

The MK3 4x4 is getting a replacement steering colomn after the red light wouldn't go off on the dash after a reset and an MOT fail would be issued without it. After locating one from the local scrapyard people (motorhog) one was fitted and also found to be faulty. A second unit is being tried though no word on the success of this yet.

MK2 Blackie : suspected water pump failure.

MK2 Fizzle : still not stripped down.

MK2 Selecta : came over all ironic after my rant on dazzling car lights. interior lighting not working (dash and gear lever surround), rear lights not working, suspect faulty switch.

MK2 Whitey : far to good to use as a winter daily : status immaculate!

MK2 4x4 Henry : Goes really well, awaiting interior upgrade and snow.

MK2 4x4 LVJ : still awaiting delivery, will be in classifieds here upon arrival, allegedly finished.

Y10 : poor starting and running, yet to be diagnosed.

MK2 Colour : MOT passed today, being made ready for NEC debut.

So a mixed bag of frustration, annoyance and small (but expensive) victories.

Aim to be rid of two 4x4's (no not Henry) ASAP and Blackie in the New Year, Fizzle in bits or reborn as a camper!

Hopefully I will get to a few shows and events next year with the survivors of the cull.

Jesus christ! Do you need to go to rehab, lol? :p

....Anyway talk of the devil on All Hallows Eve look who's back!

IMG_20151031_161613727.jpg

With a fresh MOT and a snazzy set of wheels courtesy of andypandax4 (y)

Light was going so couldn't get around it properly with the camera.

Anyway It's back and starts first time :)

Last edited:
Back