General Panda Owners and Magazines?

Currently reading:
General Panda Owners and Magazines?

I occasionally buy Practical classics, LWO, 4x4 & Offroader and Revs Magazines

and Deamon Tweaks catalogue !:devil:

Alan.D said:
Were those the Trucks used in the Italian job......the proper first one? Replying to VIN BTW.

I believe they were Alan. The trucks had to be Fiat cos nearly everything else was bar the Minis. I know its a big film to Mini nuts but it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't down to Agnelli ;)

Whatever Agnelli asked for was done, even to the point of Turin turning off the traffic lights to create those real traffic jams :D

Alan.D said:
Recognised them straight away....:) big fan of the film, when I first saw it as a boy I nearly cried when the muria was thrown off the cliff :cry:
it was a class A right off... the driver wasn't much better off.

Alan.D said:
Recognised them straight away....:) big fan of the film, when I first saw it as a boy I nearly cried when the muria was thrown off the cliff :cry:

Revealing mistakes: in the driving scene, when the Lamborghini Muira has the accident with the snow plow. When its gets thrown of the cliff into the water, the engine lid opens and the engine is not there. This is because the Lamborghini used for this accident was already a wreck when it "met" with the snow plow.

There you go, you can sleep at night now:D

Jim

Vin said:
I believe they were Alan. The trucks had to be Fiat cos nearly everything else was bar the Minis. I know its a big film to Mini nuts but it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't down to Agnelli ;)

Whatever Agnelli asked for was done, even to the point of Turin turning off the traffic lights to create those real traffic jams :D

BMC (British Motor Corporation), the owners of Mini, refused to donate any cars to the film. The boss of Fiat Motors offered to donate all the cars they needed including Fiat 500s in place of the Minis. The director however decided that as it was a very British film, it should be British Minis. Fiat's boss still donated scores of cars for filming as well as the factory grounds and even had the chief of police shut whole sections of Turin down for filming, so the traffic jams in the film are real.

Hehe!

Continuity: The truck used to ram the door in Turin is from the Fiat factory, but the purple car that falls off the back is a Farina-designed Austin Cambridge. It's a rusty old Austin, too, not a shiny new one. The boot interior is dirty and a different color to the exterior.

Not quite 'everything' then!:D

Jim

Last edited:
010a.jpg

Pandas would of looked better in the re-make if they'd of made it in Turin:D

DSC01320.JPG

Jim

Do you know if you type in 'Italian Job' into google those photos are about the 25th to be listed....

Mmmmm

However, the 47th entry is this....

23858964.RentalCarsItalianJobStyle.jpg

Ugh..... I feel ill

Jim

Last edited:
e505jpy said:
Continuity: The truck used to ram the door in Turin is from the Fiat factory, but the purple car that falls off the back is a Farina-designed Austin Cambridge. It's a rusty old Austin, too, not a shiny new one. The boot interior is dirty and a different color to the exterior.
Jim

I think you find it's a Lancia and not an Austin. It is a Farina designed Lancia however..

Back