General Panda Multijet Fuel Figures

Currently reading:
General Panda Multijet Fuel Figures

Done 43K in my Mjet trip computer showing about 60mpg though when I checked it brim to brim over a number of fills it was 5% optomistic I run mostly on fast A roads now which hammers the mpg I was getting 65+ on bimbley slow roads littered with retired folk wearing hats. Driving at night lights on seems to affect it by 2-3mpg. Anyone got any info on good fuel or remapping ? any info would be appreciated.

There's Econotune for the remaps:

http://www.econotune.com/default.aspx

Isn't 'Econotune' the economy 'arm' of Angel Tuning?

I wonder how something like this would affect insurance premiums?

I had my last but one car (Stilo 150 MJET) remaped by Angel and it made huge difference to the power of the car taking it from 150 to just under 200 bhp. adly the clutch couldnt take it so I ended up having the original map put back on.

I must admit though, that despite the hike in power fuel consumption improved but my insurance premium went up by about £50 a year.

I wonder if the same applies if you have the engine 'modified' to enhance fuel economy such as this - or do the insurers just see it as an engine mod and hit you accordingly?

Be a shame to pay for the mod to increase in MPG only to have it wiped out by an additional insurance premium?

Anyone had it done I wonder?

Back