General Panda Cross or wait for new 4x4

Currently reading:
General Panda Cross or wait for new 4x4

RS4

Looking to upgrade my 05 4x4 and having previously abandoned plans to get a cross due to silly prices and lack of any being sold, suddenly there seems to be a few about.

So what do folks reckon............get a Cross now or hold out and get a new 4x4 assuming they will be out later in the year?

Hello there, still not seen many Cross's about, another guy on forum was saying there was about 2000 in UK. As far as 4x4 in the new Panda I was speaking to a sales guy at Fiat and he was saying that we may be waiting for a 4x4 version for some time. So a good Cross might be the way, they are a great 4x4.(y)

Why wait? Get the car you want now, then when the depreciation and VAT has knocked 40% off the price of the 2012 model in 2014, get a two year old one then.

There is a few cross' around at the moment in the classifieds.
Still mostly overpriced, they are not selling because people aren't daft.

There's a nice one in Weston super mare.
Funk white with climate and skydome. That's probably £1500 of options there.
If you could get that for £7500 or there abouts that would be a good one I reckon.

I've dropped out of looking for one and ordered a new 500 twin air which will tide me over until fiat bring out the twin air 4x4 panda.

It took Fiat about 18 months after the launch of the Panda to release the 1.2 4x4 Panda. I'd expect a similar wait...

Why wait? Get the car you want now, then when the depreciation and VAT has knocked 40% off the price of the 2012 model in 2014, get a two year old one then.

Is that what happened to the "old" model then? Looking at the prices of some two year olds or low-mileage Cross models, they have retained their value very well indeed. You can pay £11,000 for one now if you want a nearly new one,according to one recent ad

According to Fiat when I was training in Rome for the Panda launch, there will be two models, a 4x2 Trekking which will feature similar spec to the Qubo Trekking (Mud and Snow Tyres, suspension lift and Torque Vectoring (Called Traction+), which is fairly competent off road, and a 4x4 Climbing which will be the 'proper' one.

Having played with a Qubo Trekking off road, it's reasonably competent, but only up to a point.

Both cars were talked about as being available Q3 2012.

Yes, a few 4x4s popping upnow the 'bad' winter is over and it looks like prices are more realistic.

Woodleigh seems to have given upon the 4X4 now.......

Back