Technical Panda Cross mode selector

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Cross mode selector

Rob1111

Hi,
Have just bought a 2014 Panda Cross, very happy but cannot find anywhere whether I can change from auto to 4x4 whilst car is in motion. I have read on threads here that it is that good at changing itself it should be seldom needed but can I change mode whilst in motion?
Any help appreciated

Rob

Yes you can. But note the selector doesn’t just force 4x4 (which the car will select all by itself if it needs to anyway), but also allows the ELD to work (if the car decides it needs it). Note the forced 4x4 mode must not be used on tarmac. The system only operates up to 30mph too - you can leave it selected and the light stays in even over 30. Really though, unless you are in a muddy field, the auto mode works seamlessly

Thank you. Used in snow yesterday but had to pull up and change once we hit tarmac again. But very good to know we can just leave it in auto.
Thanks again
Rob

Thank you. Used in snow yesterday but had to pull up and change once we hit tarmac again. But very good to know we can just leave it in auto.
Thanks again
Rob
As per HH advice. Its a fully automatic system for on road use. It works seamlessly amd superbly in snow all on its own. The only time you need to switch it is when in desperation! Or if going really off road. You can switch off at any time on thr move or not. As an electornically controlled system you are not engaging gears of any sort. In 2018 in the most appalling conditions my Panda tackled everything thrown at it without touching the switch. It restarted on a 1in 5/6 hill in 6" of snow without raising an eyebrow let alone a sweat. I do use it if pulling a trailer over rough ground or for getting up kerbs where it makes a significant difference by allowing all wheels to do the work all the time. Other than this I cant see any circumstances other than being stuck in a ditch or 18" of snow where it would be really needed. I am pretty sure my nerve will run out way before tha Panda is struggling.

Back