General Panda Classic - Roof bars/bull bars

Currently reading:
General Panda Classic - Roof bars/bull bars

nick-saunders

Hi there

I have 2 questions :confused: I was hoping someone out there could clarify for me:
  1. On my 1987 Fiat Panda 4x4 I have 2 strips of black plastic(?) on the roof. Are these for roof rails to attach a roof rack (e.g. Thule 755) to?
  2. I have been given some bull bars (which are made for the car) and was wondering on the legalities of installing/attaching these to the car???
Any info greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for any replies.

Cheers and happy motoring (y)

Hello and welcome :)

The two strips on your roof are to cover the external panel welding, as on the old Mini's.

As for your bull-bar ( GIVEN IT :eek:), you can legally fit it, as it was a standard option at the time of manufacture.(y)

Enjoy the best little 4x4 ever.

As for your bull-bar ( GIVEN IT :eek:), you can legally fit it, as it was a standard option at the time of manufacture.(y)

Note that you will deffinatly need to tell your insurance company, and they charged someone on here £70 I think. They're not very pedistrian friendly:rolleyes::p.

O, and Welcome.

Jon.

Being hit by the front of a Panda is as likely to kill you as being hit by a bull-bar. They are pretty rigid :D

Yep that was me they charged an extra £70 quid for having bars on mandapanda - even tho they have been on since 1995 !

I thought it was you John, but couldn't remember for certain.

Being hit by the front of a Panda is as likely to kill you as being hit by a bull-bar. They are pretty rigid :D

I agree to that. Saw off the rear of a Transit with minimal damage(y)

Thank you to all for the info. It has definitely clear up my questions (y)

Now to find a set of cheap roof racks...

PS: Great Forum and brilliant to see the members actively involved in the threads and answering the question with such speed and clarity. My hat is off to you all :worship:

Back