General Panda Classic - Roof bars/bull bars

nick-saunders

Hi there

I have 2 questions :confused: I was hoping someone out there could clarify for me:
  1. On my 1987 Fiat Panda 4x4 I have 2 strips of black plastic(?) on the roof. Are these for roof rails to attach a roof rack (e.g. Thule 755) to?
  2. I have been given some bull bars (which are made for the car) and was wondering on the legalities of installing/attaching these to the car???
Any info greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for any replies.

Cheers and happy motoring (y)

pandafan

Don't polish it, DRIVE IT
Hello and welcome :)

The two strips on your roof are to cover the external panel welding, as on the old Mini's.

As for your bull-bar ( GIVEN IT :eek:), you can legally fit it, as it was a standard option at the time of manufacture.(y)

Enjoy the best little 4x4 ever.

Johnbee

" MandaPanda "
Note that you will deffinatly need to tell your insurance company, and they charged someone on here £70 I think. They're not very pedistrian friendly:rolleyes::p.

O, and Welcome.

Jon.

Yep that was me they charged an extra £70 quid for having bars on mandapanda - even tho they have been on since 1995 !

pandafan

Don't polish it, DRIVE IT
Being hit by the front of a Panda is as likely to kill you as being hit by a bull-bar. They are pretty rigid :D

Most Easterly Pandas

Speed Reader of the Year!
Yep that was me they charged an extra £70 quid for having bars on mandapanda - even tho they have been on since 1995 !

I thought it was you John, but couldn't remember for certain.

Being hit by the front of a Panda is as likely to kill you as being hit by a bull-bar. They are pretty rigid :D

I agree to that. Saw off the rear of a Transit with minimal damage(y)

OP
OP
N

nick-saunders

Thank you to all for the info. It has definitely clear up my questions (y)

Now to find a set of cheap roof racks...

PS: Great Forum and brilliant to see the members actively involved in the threads and answering the question with such speed and clarity. My hat is off to you all :worship: