Technical Panda Brake Drums

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Brake Drums

Lord Azrael

Has anyone else had trouble reinstalling the rear brake drums on the Panda after a shoe change? I'm not too sure about the strange self adjuster unit, but can't seem to make it bring the shoes any further in to permit an easy refit and as it stands at present the car has been left jacked in the garage with the drum still off one side and on, but very tight, on the other.

any advice on getting this completed would be most appreciated.
Cheers

Never mind, sort of sorted it now by re-stripping and fiddling with the adjuster mechanism. One side now fitted back on nicely whereas the other side is still quite tight but on.

hi,firstly ensure that the handbrake is backed off all the way and the cables are not seized including the linkages,then take any lip off the drums,then move the adjuster thus pulling the shoe inward.

It's certainly very similar and operates in the same way. I've got it all back together OK now and it seems fine...thankfully. Panda out of the garage now, and old Series 3 Landy in for some TLC :)

.. and a year later I'm in the same boat!

Hopefully you'll see this.
I am putting my new brakes on and I have found a little clip but don't know where it's from?

It's right angled with a bend on the other end. Has a square hole on on side and a 'key' hole on one end.

Not a particularly good description, but I'm thinking you may know it if you had seen it when doing yours.

BTW My Panda is an Eleganza 1.2 with ABS
:shrug:

Last edited:
Hi,
It sounds like the wire section that fits on the adjuster unit, but can't be 100% without a picture. Any chance you could post an image at all, as I'll soon take mine off and have a look for you as I do need to check them again.

Back