General panda blower resistor location?

Currently reading:
General panda blower resistor location?

ScottHmk4

i am at my wits end looking for the blower resistor to replace, does anyone know an exact location for it? glove box is out and its no-where to be seen!! looked at various threads but cant find one for a panda!! blowers are only working on setting 4 so idea is to change the resistor, someone must know its location!!

many thanks

my best guess is that it is behind the dash, i dont think anyone has replaced one on these forums in a panda

ill see if i can get on autodata for you tommorow and have a look mate

It's plugged into the side of the heater.

Attachments

• 2046837image.jpg
    2046837image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 3,645
You can see it by looking up from in the driver's side footwell. If you turn the fresh air / recirculate control to recirc, you can then see the resistor pack through the grille that recirc air passes through (if you can't identify this, have someone operate the recirc control for you as you look upwards). The resistor pack is a green plastic-covered lump mounted just in front of the fan's blades. Not sure how you access it -- although it may come away with the fan if you remove this (search for previous threads on this -- it can be removed via the passenger side footwell with a bit of effort!)

Just reread OP -- if only speed 4 works, then the resistor pack itself is fine, but the thermal fuse that is mounted onto the top of it has failed. This can be replaced separately -- Maplin sell the bit and it is crimped into place -- don't try soldering it ! (heating the fuse will make it fail)

Pete

Last edited:
Back