General Panda alloys

Currently reading:
General Panda alloys

Does anyone have any experience of buying alloy wheels from the EU (namely Italy)? Have seen some nice looking Mk2 (312) alloys on ebay very similar to those found on the City Life for a reasonable looking price.
Obviously being Ebay it could be too good to be true but I've been told that due to Brexit there may be a high import tax to pay?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-155947_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-155947_eBay.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 92
I can’t answer this particular case, second hand parts might be a different ball game, I don’t known as I haven’t had to cross that bridge yet

I have bought from the EU and China since Britexit and nothing has changed for me except shipping is slightly dearer.

Taxes were pre paid via the vendor and included in the price

I have heard of some couriers asking for cash for taxes before releasing guitars bought from Germany. I have read pretty much every government paper on importing guitars from the EU. I have no idea where these extra taxes are coming from. As far as I can tell the cost pre and post Britexit are identical, but there is some extra paperwork involved

I suspect there is some profiteering going on somewhere.

Same with charging over £100 shipping for a small part. I am assuming it’s put off people from the UK buying so they don’t have to fill in the extra psperwork

I haven’t any experience with second hand parts

I can’t answer this particular case, second hand parts might be a different ball game, I don’t known as I haven’t had to cross that bridge yet

I have bought from the EU and China since Britexit and nothing has changed for me except shipping is slightly dearer.

Taxes were pre paid via the vendor and included in the price

I have heard of some couriers asking for cash for taxes before releasing guitars bought from Germany. I have read pretty much every government paper on importing guitars from the EU. I have no idea where these extra taxes are coming from. As far as I can tell the cost pre and post Britexit are identical, but there is some extra paperwork involved

I suspect there is some profiteering going on somewhere.

Same with charging over £100 shipping for a small part. I am assuming it’s put off people from the UK buying so they don’t have to fill in the extra psperwork

I haven’t any experience with second hand parts

Thanks for that. The items are new I believe. I was told by a work colleague that a friend of his ordered some bicycle tyres from the EU and he had to pay almost as much again to get them released by customs?
Looked on the Gov website but they don't seem to be able to give specific prices.
Don't want to pay £400 for wheels and then another 400 to take ownership!

Thanks for that. The items are new I believe. I was told by a work colleague that a friend of his ordered some bicycle tyres from the EU and he had to pay almost as much again to get them released by customs?
Looked on the Gov website but they don't seem to be able to give specific prices.
Don't want to pay £400 for wheels and then another 400 to take ownership!
I can’t can’t easily find the code for wheels Italy to UK

But importing 4 steering wheels that cost £100 each would cost £8.50 total extra

Normally the seller pays this it’s just added to the price or shipping

Message the seller would be the way to go.

And keep a copy the messages

. I was told by a work colleague that a friend of his ordered some bicycle tyres from the EU and he had to pay almost as much again to get them released by customs?
I am Not sure how this could happen

Although I heard of similar horror stories

Back