Technical panda 750 gear

Currently reading:
Technical panda 750 gear

Marti155

Hi I have a k-reg 750 panda mania. would a 1248cc 8v spi engine from an r-reg punto mount straight onto the 750 gearbox arcade the input shafts or the bell housing bolt points diffrent. Thanks for any help you can give me

That's the same engine I'm having to use in Guff II. It's a straight swap. Make sure you do a build diary we're all pretty helpful here. :)

Thanks for that. Im going to change the new engine over from spi to run a carb. I want to use the mechanical the pump rather than fitting an electric one. I guy I know who works for fiat thinks that even the later cams on the punto engines had the extra lobe to work the fuel pump but I still have to check this out.

Thanks for that. Im going to change the new engine over from spi to run a carb. I want to use the mechanical the pump rather than fitting an electric one. I guy I know who works for fiat thinks that even the later cams on the punto engines had the extra lobe to work the fuel pump but I still have to check this out.

The head on an SPI engine doesn't have a hole for the fuel pump shaft I'm afraid.

The head on an SPI engine doesn't have a hole for the fuel pump shaft I'm afraid.

From memory on here I'm sure someone drilled out the hole and the mounting points for the bolts are there, going back a few years though, it worked but was a once try only job, drill in the wrong place and you've had it! :(

True but the mounting points are the and with a bit of help from Mr drill a port can be made through the cylinder head my other option has been to try and find a cylinder head off a 999cc ink or panda but have had no luck in my area (in up in the north of Scotland)

Back