General panda 4x4 for spares - £50.

Currently reading:
General panda 4x4 for spares - £50.

Yes, the doors, tailgate and bonnet are all shot, and need replacement as well as some small holes in the wings, but I gave it a good blasting with the pressure washer today and had a good poke around the underneath and there really is hardly any rust, and I couldn't really believe it either.

It has apparently been standing in a field for 5 years, so I guess that the underside stayed dry while the panels rotted. Someone had nicked the distributor and two spark plugs. so was half expecting the engine to be seized but a couple of plugs and a spare uno dizzy had it running again, though the carb could do with a cleanout. Brakes even work reasonably well which is a bonus.

I think that apart from the outer panels being replaced and 4 decent tyres, it could be back on the road, though one of the CV joints could do with replacing, does anyone know if they're the same as a normal Pandas or an Uno?

i was going to offer you some doors and a bonnet and boot in rust free condition... but then i looked up where Dartmouth is... not a chance :)

I'll try and get a few pictures up tomorrow, I also need to weld the exhaust together again, front pipe has a couple of small holes, and managed to shear one of the manifold studs off in removal, so may have to dig out a spare which I have somewhere round here...

WELCOME to the 4x4 Brigade.
We're an 'interestig' group of people...in the Chinese way. :D

Alan.D said:
How much of the stud is left to get hold of ? If there's enough spray with plus gas or WD overnight then a pair of molegrips on tight as f**k setting and rock back n forth before before removing.

There was enough for me to weld a nut on and try jiggling it off but it was well and truly stuck and eventually sheared off, so a drill and re-tapping is now needed...had a spare manifold and that is on there for now.

Have got the engine running well, setting the ignition timing properly and clearing the jets on the carb did the trick, next job is to order a couple of wings and sort them out, I took a few pictures today but have lost my camera in the shed and can't for the life of me find it again, but when it turns up I'll post a few.

Also on the shopping list is a rear propshaft UJ, does anyone know a good supplier, also the rubber boots on the front section are pretty knackered.

Cheers, MIke

Hi again Lightweight, You can convert the Marbella doors ( they are much stronger than Panda ones and are rot-proofed) but ... it involves a LOT of work :(

If you want to do it, please PM me.

I have started shopping today, and am getting a new CV joint (£20), which I thought was reasonable, and am ordering a new pair of wings tomorrow, hopefully reproductions will fit ok, has anyone had any problems with them?

Also needs a few bushes or balljoints in the front suspension which are clonking a bit, and making the wheels wobble also! Will be investigating further soon.

I can get a new yoke for the propshaft from the local motor factor, but may need a whole joint as there's a fair bit of slack in it, any ideas of where and for what cost greatly apprecated, will also be looking at it more closely when time allows.

There are a few pictures here: (can't get them to upload properly, probably my rubbish internet connection)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/364577626/467478272zBpJgI

http://community.webshots.com/photo/364577626/467478455mAdbsh

http://community.webshots.com/photo/364577626/467478515FgyWde

Last edited:
I'm feeling generous... I shall post a set of indicator lense covers down to Exeter soon... that's if you want them... they might not be perfect but they aren't broken in the middle.

oh and careful taking out the old screws... they are made of delicate rotting plastic so treat them like geletine. and if they are any good don't lose them. infact post up a list of bits that you need...

I need to ligthen the load in the cellar anyway.

Back