General Panda 4x4 for scrap/parts

Currently reading:
General Panda 4x4 for scrap/parts

Hmm. Panda 4x4 kit car.... expressed an interest in parts should it not be repaired...

I've never been anywhere near it, honest!

Seriously though, I've followed the tale of this car since you joined the forum Andy and I can't feel sorry enough for you. I hope this works out OK for you and something good happens to you soon.

There are some weird people out there. I once left a car parked upside down in a ditch and it was gone when I went to recover it the following day. :nutter:

hi mate,
sorry to hear about the panda dont wait till monday find out who the local scrap metal dealers are and have a run round in the morning, this happens alot around here the local low lifes tow them away just to weigh them in and although the scrapyards (car breakers) wont take them without a V5 the scrap metal dealers will so get down there before they crush her!!!

Oh dear very sorry to hear of this, especially as the Panda has such sentimental value.:(

Most likely it's the HIAB boys. With the price of scrap going up, which it is at the minute, they start lifting motors and cashing them in. Scumbuzzards:mad:

Try ringing or going round all the local scrappies. Majority shouldn't take in cars without proper paperwork, but then some will. One of my local yards has got a LHD Spanish reg Fiat Bravo and a Dutch reg BMW, so they do take 'foreigners' in for scrap. Worth a try.

Last edited:
Oh no! I am sorry to hear of your troubles, if it is any comfort i am also going through a rough spot at the moment (credit card fraud is another one added to my list at the moment :mad: £120 gone on top of car repairs). I also know exactly how you feel regarding sentimental value. If this had happened to mine i know i would be out on my bike looking for it until i had no energy left :eek:
I join you in saying that the people responisble should rot in hell!! But can only hope that this is an honest mistake, or at worst a greedy scrappy that will give you enough time to find it before anything happens.
Best of luck mate, hope this sorts out soon for you! :)
Cheers
Si

pandamonius_maximus said:
Oh no! I am sorry to hear of your troubles, if it is any comfort i am also going through a rough spot at the moment (credit card fraud is another one added to my list at the moment :mad: £120 gone on top of car repairs). I also know exactly how you feel regarding sentimental value. If this had happened to mine i know i would be out on my bike looking for it until i had no energy left :eek:
I join you in saying that the people responisble should rot in hell!! But can only hope that this is an honest mistake, or at worst a greedy scrappy that will give you enough time to find it before anything happens.
Best of luck mate, hope this sorts out soon for you! :)
Cheers
Si
hi mate how are you getting on with the repairs? we met at stamford hall i had the red cinq?

pu2 said:
dear all

sorry, i was probably a bit too quick off the mark in making accusations to forum peeps, and i would like to apologise for that

No need to apologise, we all understand the surge of emotions when something like this happens.. Damon

urchin said:
hi mate how are you getting on with the repairs? we met at stamford hall i had the red cinq?

Hey mate, I remember! Not going brilliantly im affraid. I am now stuck for buying parts as i have no debit card, and am down £120. Cheques are the only option till my new card comes through, which will be slow going. So till i get all that sorted the car is just sitting there :( Total so far is £163 i think, my neignbour has offered to fix the car up for me for free basically and a bit of labour help aswell :eek: What a decent guy. He owns a garage and spotted me emptying my car of almost all my uni stuff when i moved into this house in june. He liked the little 4x4 aswell, so when he saw it smashed, he was right round the next day offering help. Ive found one more place i might be able to try for cheap parts, thats 247spares.com or something. They search breakers all over the country. Although how helpful they will be i dont know, as they say all makes and models 1985 onwards :eek: cuttig that a bit close, but we shall see.
Thanks for asking, i will keep everyone posted as to the progress as and when it starts!
Cheers
Si

pandamonius_maximus said:
Hey mate, I remember! Not going brilliantly im affraid. I am now stuck for buying parts as i have no debit card, and am down £120. Cheques are the only option till my new card comes through, which will be slow going. So till i get all that sorted the car is just sitting there :( Total so far is £163 i think, my neignbour has offered to fix the car up for me for free basically and a bit of labour help aswell :eek: What a decent guy. He owns a garage and spotted me emptying my car of almost all my uni stuff when i moved into this house in june. He liked the little 4x4 aswell, so when he saw it smashed, he was right round the next day offering help. Ive found one more place i might be able to try for cheap parts, thats 247spares.com or something. They search breakers all over the country. Although how helpful they will be i dont know, as they say all makes and models 1985 onwards :eek: cuttig that a bit close, but we shall see.
Thanks for asking, i will keep everyone posted as to the progress as and when it starts!
Cheers
Si
well at .least you are getting it sorted if you struggle to source any parts let me know and i will see what i can do

yo peeps

many thanks for all your expressions of support, and it's sad to hear that others have had problems lately too - you have all my solidarity. The car hasn't turned up yet even after a tour of the scrappies as suggested, and as the police seem to be taking their time before investigating this with the elements I have, I hold no hopes of seeing the car again now, as it will have been demolished and sold on in parts before they get to it.

But it's good to see that there are nice people like you around.

I just wish I'd given that roofrack to Alan first time round - at least it would have gone to a good home.

Bye for now

Andy

pu2 said:
I just wish I'd given that roofrack to Alan first time round - at least it would have gone to a good home.
well if they try and ebay it alarm bells will go off all over the place... it's the only country club in the country at the moment i think... plus that roof rack stands out a mile.

Any metallic burgundy pandas are going to get a double take just to make sure from now on.

ciao for now Andy

have a great time in Africa(y)

Back