Technical Panda 2012 twin air stop start problems

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 2012 twin air stop start problems

Hi All

I found an easier solution worked on our car.

it is vital that you are sat far enough forward that you are able to make the clutch pedal actually reach the switch on the pedal box properly.

Ours worked 100% of the time for me and never for my wife much to her annoyance, it turns out that you have to actually be able to feel the clutch pedal hit the end stop, if you dont then the system doesnt register.

Tim

Hi All

I found an easier solution worked on our car.

it is vital that you are sat far enough forward that you are able to make the clutch pedal actually reach the switch on the pedal box properly.

Ours worked 100% of the time for me and never for my wife much to her annoyance, it turns out that you have to actually be able to feel the clutch pedal hit the end stop, if you dont then the system doesnt register.

Tim
Not sure that’s quite correct. You can knock the car into neutral as it slows without using the clutch, and the stop/start will still stop the engine (even with the car still rolling very slightly). But yes, to restart it the clutch needs to be fully depressed.

But yes, to restart it the clutch needs to be fully depressed.
Actually there are other ways to trigger a restart, some of which may be useful for diagnostics. Pressing and releasing the brake pedal three times should do it, and (be careful if trying this one and only if you are certain the conditions and absence of other traffic make it safe to do so) if you stop on a downhill gradient, put the handbrake on and the car in neutral, release the handbrake and let it coast down, it should restart once the speed rises above 5mph. Throwing on all the electrics you can (lights, main beam, HRW) will likely result in an early restart, too.

Back