Technical Panda 169 1.2 coolant leak

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 169 1.2 coolant leak

McLovin2

Hi, I've noticed a leak coming from what I think is a rusted coolant pipe where it joins a rubber hose at the front of the engine on my 1.2 169. After searching I have seen mention of this pipe being a common failure but haven't been able to find a replacement part or guide to fix it.

Could anyone offer any advice please?

I've just found the Punto thread and guide, looks like a pleasure of a job for this time of year 😆! Thanks 👍

Try Googling 55185422 there’s at least 2 different pipes. The early 1.1 had a different water pump size

I don’t think there’s any more variations but can’t be 100%

Replacement pipe has arrived and I have the old one removed. Is there a trick to getting the old rubber seal out of the water pump!?

The new pipe comes with the new seal attached and it doesn't seem too keen to move so I hoped to get the old one out ideally.

I have one of those sharp 90 bent little spring pull hooks

It’s one of those things I bought on a whim for 50p reduced to clear. Thinking why. Ended up using it quite a lot.

Although a scribe would with just as well and easier to get hold of

Thanks for all the help, I got it out using a 600mm flat head screwdriver wedged up beside the oil filter and levered the top of the seal out. The new pipe fitted ok with some silicone grease and leverage on the exhaust manifold.

Not a pleasant job but nice to have another new part on the car 😊

Not a pleasant job
You're right, it's more awkward than it looks on first inspection.

But it's a lot more pleasant than changing a HG, which is what you'd likely have been doing if you hadn't been so prompt in attending to this. Putting these sort of repairs off is rarely a good plan.

Back