General Panda 100hp tires.

Currently reading:
General Panda 100hp tires.

Tmc1956

Hi, it’s time to change the tires on my panda 100hp. I would like to get a higher profile from the 45,s as the number of potholes in my area is unreal. I understand that 55 profiles will give me problems with clearance so that leaves 50,s . Has anyone fitted 50 profiles to their 100, if so how did you get on. And what make did you pick. Thanks

I use 195/50/15 as they are quite a bit cheaper.

They don't add any noticeable improvement to comfort.

I have only had a very slight scrub on the rear once or twice on big bumps, but this is very rare.

I use 195/50/15 as they are quite a bit cheaper.

They don't add any noticeable improvement to comfort.

I have only had a very slight scrub on the rear once or twice on big bumps, but this is very rare.
I use General Tyre 195/50/15 but found a noticeable improvement in ride comfort. Not huge of course but definitely better than the 45s.

Just one more question. Are punto alloy wheels ok to use. If so do I need new wheel bolts.

I had old 14" Puntowheels for winters and they needed longer bolts (and offset was too high. They cleared the calipers by the thickness of a creditcard:rolleyes:). The 15" wheels from a newer Punto might be the better choice though. As for the bolts; check how far the bolts stick out on the wheels you now have (probably about 1 cm.) and check how far the thread sticks out on the Puntowheels.

gr J

fitted in snowy countries

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 35
I used pepper pot style steel wheels with 195-50-15 tyres. Like these, Oponeo steels though I did get a better price.

They need a nice centre trim and bright silver paint looks 10x better than van black.

Here's another though probably the same wheel. just be careful with offsets (ET) Too much wheel outboard of the hub will cause a steering wobble. Too much inboard will hit suspension, wheel arch, etc.

These trims will work with studs and half nuts in place of the disc holding bolts. Dome nuts retain the trim. File off the logo and fit Fiat badges.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Mine has 195/50/15 on both sets. 45's seem very scarce here. I recently got Toyo proxes CF2 for it and they seem just great. Also, not very expensive. Only downside i'd say is they are just a bit noisy but nothing too much. Definitely would recommend

Back