Tuning Panda 100hp s/s exhaust manifold.

Currently reading:
Tuning Panda 100hp s/s exhaust manifold.

spinfisher99

Hi guys, anyone fancy fitting a s/s exhaust manifold to your 100hp?I have fitted a Punto 1.2 manifold. Straight fit on my car. Massive difference in performance. Sounds like a motorcyle now!

Attachments

• IMG_20221214_085728.jpg
    IMG_20221214_085728.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 696
  • IMG_20221214_085721.jpg
    IMG_20221214_085721.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 155
Hi guys, anyone fancy fitting a s/s exhaust manifold to your 100hp?I have fitted a Punto 1.2 manifold. Straight fit on my car. Massive difference in performance. Sounds like a motorcyle now!
At the risk of spoiling it's good looks have you considered the benefits of lagging.
I lagged the stainless steel exhaust, turbo and manifold on a 2.8 Ducato turbo intercooled engine that had the Bosch pump and the turbo adjusted for increased performance. It cools the engine compartment also , but apparently improved performance, in my case turbo spool up.
Thin stainless steel exhaust manifolds and also complete systems have a certain sound that standard cast iron manifolds don't.
I know some Toyota Yaris models had steel manifolds, but were prone to cracking in hard to get places when welding required.

At the risk of spoiling it's good looks have you considered the benefits of lagging.
I lagged the stainless steel exhaust, turbo and manifold on a 2.8 Ducato turbo intercooled engine that had the Bosch pump and the turbo adjusted for increased performance. It cools the engine compartment also , but apparently improved performance, in my case turbo spool up.
Thin stainless steel exhaust manifolds and also complete systems have a certain sound that standard cast iron manifolds don't.
I know some Toyota Yaris models had steel manifolds, but were prone to cracking in hard to get places when welding required.
Yes,I agree.I have considered wrapping my manifold.My home built(mainly 500 Arbarth sections) exhaust system is wrapped as I realise s/s sounds different to ms.The noise when I hit the powerband is insane.I plan to replace cat delete with 200 cell sports cat and a ss muffler in mid section.The back box is Raggazzon Group N.I have seen manufacturers remove warranty if you wrap.I will probably fully wrap the manifold
next time I have the system off to weld on V-bands.I plan to custom build a motorcycle throttle body set-up for her ASAP.I was considering fitting T-jet lump,but am enjoying tuning the standard 16v at the momemt.I may just buy an Arbarth 500,as they are very affordable now.(but keep my 100hp).

I'm not convinced 200 cell sports cats do anything useful (note the usual advert wording). IMO there's nothing worse that following a stinking decatted boy racer. Please don't let your lovely 100HP fall into that state of affairs. Why not fit a better catalyst?

BTW I had considered doing something similar using a 16V 1200 manifold with underfloor cat from a larger engine to maintain good gas flow at reasonable costs.

Interesting, yes I have some doubts a £99 sports cat. Can be that effective. If emissions become a problem I may fit a home built HHO cell, which clean up the burn.

Hi guys and happy Christmas. Posting a few photo's of recent work. Cut down panda 100hp intake manifold to eventually take GSXR 600 throttles. And I chopped off original 100hp cat.,beautified it a little with angle grinder, then built a twin cat set-up with 200 cell sports cat. This will be either easy swap out for straight pipe come mot time, or switchable using electric exhaust valve. Immobiliser

Attachments

• IMG_20221222_153724.jpg
    IMG_20221222_153724.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20221222_144944.jpg
    IMG_20221222_144944.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20221221_195041.jpg
    IMG_20221221_195041.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 91
Anybody recomend a standalone ecu. I am looking at Megasquirt.My twin cat. set-up is hopefully going to clean-up emissons once throttle bodies are on.

Know nothing about them so don’t ask me

But maybe a phone call or email here

I guess any that can be adjusted easily and quickly via the operator of the rolling road is fine.
True enough,,I was going to build a Speeduino from a kit, but have read they may be limited.

I have heard positive comments about Megasquirt ECUs , I suppose it depends how deep your pockets are;)
As others said - not cheap. You'll also get all sorts of errors from the Body Computer and probably find important (non engine) stuff doesn't work.

Back